Are you ready to challenge your range of mechanic skills working on heavy equipment in various work conditions? Do you want to work for an organization that highly values its employees? Woodson, Inc has an immediate need for an Equipment Mechanic in the Little Rock area and is seeking an individual with a positive attitude and strong work ethic. To be considered for this role, you must have extensive experience repairing and maintaining heavy equipment in a shop AND in a remote environment. The individual selected for this position will also have extensive knowledge of maintaining and repairing hydraulic systems. Woodson, Inc. offers competitive pay with full benefits (including paid health insurance, paid vacation, and holidays).
We are offering (for this position only) a one-time sign-on bonus of $2,000.
Woodson Incorporated will supply a company truck for this role, however, you are required to supply your own tools. If you are selected for this role, you will have the opportunity to grow your career with a growing company that rewards caring, committed, and trustworthy employees.
Since 1980, Woodson, Incorporated has led a team of experts focused on safety and innovative solutions. We see our people as our greatest asset and work with a safety-first mindset. We have the mobility, reach, exceptional expertise, and diverse array of equipment to promptly resolve our client's challenges. We're staffed with over 80 caring, committed, and trustworthy individuals willing to lead the industry in the increasingly high-tech and challenging world of forestry and vegetation management.
- Must maintain the appropriate driver’s license to operate vehicles.
- Holds and maintains appropriate training and certificates, as required, to work on specific types of equipment.
- Responsible for the scheduled repair and service of all equipment.
- Is on call 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, and needs to keep his/her cell phone on and can return calls in a timely manner.
- Reports all equipment parts and disposables used for repair and maintenance to Equipment Supervisor to maintain minimum stock levels
- Installs service stickers on equipment after service is performed, listing type of service, next service due, and date and hours serviced
- Is familiar with the mechanics and operation of all Woodson equipment.
- Reads and is familiar with all Woodson equipment manuals
- Maintains all tools and equipment used to perform the job.
- Cleans up work area. Ensure that there is no trash, oil spills, tools, or parts laying around
- Works outdoors in various temperatures and other extreme weather conditions.
- Shall follow all company safety guidelines.
- Shall wear all appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required for the job duties.
- Shall notify the crew foreman if other members of the crew, other contractors on-site, or members of the public on-site are not working or behaving in a safe manner.
Minimum Skill Requirements:
- High School Degree or equivalent (preferred but not required)
- Mechanics Certificate or Degree (preferred)
- Previous experience working on heavy equipment to include, but not limited to: Skidder, Skid Steers, Excavator, Bulldozer, Track Tree Felling Machines
- Must have experience with repairing hydraulics
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Ability to work long hours in a high stress environment, including work outside of normal business hours
- Follow Basic Machine Maintenance
- Oversee and maintain the equipment assigned
This job may operate in remote locations, void of sanitary facilities, in extreme weather conditions both hot and cold and precipitation, during light of day, during the night and possibly in flooded areas.
- Sit for up to 4 hours
- Squat for up to 30 minutes, or
- Stand for up to 8 hours
- Height for climbing – 6’ (Required to climb a ladder, stairs, or tree for up to 6’.)
- Maximum single step height – 2’ (Required to make a maximum single step height of up to 2’ with one leg.)
- Maximum weight carried while climbing – 30lbs (Required to carry up to 30 lbs. while climbing ladder, stairs, or tree.)
- Crawl height – 2’ (Required to be able to crawl under a 2’ crawl space.)
- Small space/hole – 2.5’ wide (Required to be able to fit through a 2.5’ wide crawl space.)
- Max weight single hand – 30lbs (Required to be able to lift up to 30 lbs with a single hand.)
- Max weight both hands – 60lbs (Required to be able to lift up to 60 lbs with both hands.)
- Max floor to waist lift – 75lbs (Required to be able to lift up to 75 lbs from the floor to the waist.)
- Above shoulder lift – 40lbs (Required to be able to lift up to 40 lbs from the floor to above the shoulders)
Expected Hours of Work:
Hours are subject to change based on business requirements and per company policy.
As an employee of Woodson Incorporated it will be required for you to complete work that is not in your job description. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Travel Required: Travel to job sites to performs field service work on equipment 25-30% of the time.
Job Type: Full-time