- Become the train the trainer lead for training programs determined as part of the member education strategy. Interacts with internal and external stakeholders to offer training classes and train organization on-site trainers to perform classes.
- Coordinate, manage and implement initiatives that will enhance the quality and cost effectiveness of health promotion programs; assessing current approaches and exploring new approaches to improve engagement to improve health behaviors.
- Analyze and recommend enhancements to the existing education relative to Population Health Promotion and Wellness initiatives.
- Collaborate to identify the need for, and develop and offer on-site community and individual health promotion education that will improve/maintain member health and well-being. Engage and educate members in health promotion presentations and coaching.
- Overnight travel is required.
- Bachelor's Degree, Master’s or Doctoral from an accredited institution in health education, community health education, public health education, or school health education.
- 1 year – In-depth and thorough knowledge of the health and wellness product development
- 3 years – Clinical experience or experience in health and wellness coaching, personal training, health education, counseling, or social work required.
- CHES certification a plus. CHES certification expected within 1 year.
- TB testing and other immunizations are required.
- Knowledge of educational programs, including research projects, extra-curricular activities, and academic planning; ability to manage these programs.
- Demonstrated presentation and team facilitation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently on multiple tasks involving critical deadlines with little or no supervision as well as part of a team
Job Specific Requirements:
Employees who are required to operate either a BCBST-owned vehicle or a personal or rental vehicle for company business on a routine basis* will be automatically enrolled into the BCBST Driver Safety Program. The employee will also be required to adhere to the guidelines set forth through the program. This includes, maintaining a valid driver’s license, auto insurance compliance with minimum liability requirements; as defined in the “Use of Non BCBST-Owned Vehicle” Policy (for employees driving personal or rental vehicles only); and maintaining an acceptable motor vehicle record (MVR). *The definition for "routine basis" is defined as daily, weekly or at regularly schedule times.
Number of Openings Available:
VSHP Volunteer State Health Plan, Inc
Applying for this job indicates your acknowledgement and understanding of the following statement:
BCBST is an Equal Opportunity employer (EEO), and all employees and applicants will be entitled to equal employment opportunities when employment decisions are made. BCBST will take affirmative action to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals in all job classifications without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Further information regarding BCBST's EEO Policies/Notices may be found by reviewing the following page:
BCBST's EEO Policies/Notices
BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee via-email, the Internet or any other method without a valid, written Direct Placement Agreement in place for this position from BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee HR/Talent Acquisition will not be considered. No fee will be paid in the event the applicant is hired by BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee as a result of the referral or through other means.
Tobacco-Free Hiring Statement
T o further our mission of peace of mind through better health, effective 2017, BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee and its subsidiaries no longer hire individuals who use tobacco or nicotine products (including but not limited to cigarettes, cigars, pipe tobacco, snuff, chewing tobacco, gum, patch, lozenges and electronic or smokeless cigarettes) in any form in Tennessee and where state law permits. A tobacco or nicotine free hiring practice is part of an effort to combat serious diseases, as well as to promote health and wellness for our employees and our community. All offers of employment will be contingent upon passing a background check which includes an illegal drug and tobacco/nicotine test. An individual whose post offer screening result is positive for illegal drugs or tobacco/nicotine and/or whose background check is verified to be unsatisfactory, will be disqualified from employment, the job offer will be withdrawn, and they may be disqualified from applying for employment for six (6) months from the date of the post offer screening results.
Resources to help individuals discontinue the use of tobacco/nicotine products include smokefree.gov or 1-800-QUIT-NOW.