The Intermediate Data Analyst under working title Health Data Analyst will be part of a dynamic team contributing to, and with the ability to lead analytic research projects at Arkansas Center for Health Improvement (ACHI). In collaboration with the Director of Analytics, Assistant Director of Analytics, principal investigators, and other ACHI staff, the analyst will develop and implement advanced statistical analytics using private and public health care data to inform research on important health policy questions.
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) has a unique combination of education, research, and clinical programs that encourages and supports teamwork and diversity. We champion being a collaborative health care organization, focused on improving patient care and the lives of Arkansans.
UAMS offers amazing benefits and perks:
- Health: Medical, Dental and Vision plans available for staff and family
- Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Education discount for staff and dependents (undergraduate only)
- Retirement: Up to 10% matched contribution from UAMS
- Basic Life Insurance up to $50,000
- Career Training and Educational Opportunities
- Merchant Discounts
- Concierge prescription delivery on the main campus when using UAMS pharmacy
Salary offered commensurate with experience
- Works with the Assistant Director of Analytics to develop complex and efficient data analytics to manipulate health care data to create research-ready datasets for empirical analyses.
- Imports and integrates large, complex longitudinal datasets from a variety of sources to produce unified research-ready, analytic datasets.
- Imports and integrates large, complex datasets using SAS, including administrative claims data and enrollment files from a variety of insurance payers.
- Collaborates with research and analytic team as well as across teams on translating research and analytic questions into initial analytic plans based on research and analytic questions.
- Works with the Assistant Director of Analytics to create written data analytic plans with detailed data management procedures to transform health care data into research-ready analytic datasets.
- Drafts methodological sections of technical reports following accepted protocols. Maintain detailed programming documentation for all projects, including annotated program code, dataset codebooks, and statistical output.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in health services research, statistics, mathematics, computer science or health policy/economics or related field
- One (1) year of experience with large dataset linkage, management, and analytic programming using software such as SAS and SQL
- Data management with large, administrative datasets including health care claims data
- Manipulation of large datasets using data management and statistical software such as SAS AND SQL; experience using SAS is required and both would be preferred
- Use of SAS functions to manipulate dates to create time-dependent analytical variables
- Use of statistical techniques including univariate statistics, comparisons, and regression modeling
- Application, calculation, and interpretation of descriptive and inferential data
- Health care utilization and cost analyses
- Knowledge and use of national data sources (e.g., ACS, HCUP, MEPS)
- Knowledge of ArcGIS or other geographical coding programs to assist in health geocoding/mapping
- Health services research, such as health care quality, Medicaid eligibility, Medicaid/Medicare claims, health disparities, or chronic diseases
- ICD-9/10 Diagnosis, ICD-9/10 Procedure, CPT, HCPCS, DRG/MS-DRG, NDC, Type of Service, Place of Service and other codes commonly utilized in health care data sets
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant except as provided by law. Any criminal history will be evaluated in relationship to job responsibilities and business necessity. The information obtained in these reports will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
UAMS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and is committed to excellence.
Physical Requirements: Stand: Occasionally
Bend, crawl, crouch, kneel, stoop, or reach overhead: Occasionally
Lift, push, pull, carry weight: 10 lbs or less
Use hands to touch, handle, or feel: Continuously
Taste or smell: Never
Read, concentrate, think analytically: Continuously
Physical Environment: Inside Office Environment
Noise Level: Quiet
Visual Requirements: Far visual acuity, Near visual acuity