Do you want to help the top global companies be successful by keeping their most valuable asset – their people – safe? Do you enjoy collaborating with like-minded EHS professionals with local, national and global teams on fast-paced, interesting projects? Are you the type of EHS professional who has a habit of delivering more than the client expects? If the answer is yes, we encourage you to apply to join our team.
Join the successful and rapidly growing ERM team – the largest dedicated team of EHS professionals in the world. We are looking for committed and energetic professionals to help the worlds’ most dynamic and innovative companies in the tech, biotech, manufacturing, power, chemical, and oil and gas sectors tackle some of their most important health and safety challenges.
We are hiring a Health and Safety Professional in the Seattle area to help a variety of well-known businesses address a wide array of health and safety (H&S) challenges such as:
- Chemical Safety/Inventory
- Lab Safety and Inspections
- Industrial Hygiene
- Risk Assessments
- Safety Process Improvement
- Behavior Based Safety
- Process Hazard Assessment
- Machine Guarding
- Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO)
- NFPA 70E
- Electrical safety
- And many others
- Assigned to client site as part of the ERM team to help solve their most pressing H&S challenges
- Assist in the development of solutions to complex technical and regulatory issues and concerns
- Engage with local regulators on topics including building code, fire code and building/environmental permits
- Enable our clients’ business objectives and help them achieve these objectives
- Navigate relationships on the client side with sensitivity to confidentiality concerns and proprietary information
- Implement innovative H&S programs and strategies in the areas of industrial hygiene, behavior-based safety, safety management systems, process safety and risk management, high-impact training, and compliance support.
- Support our clients ability to identify programmatic needs among operational ‘fires’
- Manage a variety of tasks to achieve scope, budget and schedule targets while ensuring we meet and exceed our clients expectations on deliverables
- Build client relationships and nurture repeat business by continuously striving to exceed their expectations
- Delegate to and work with the project team to effectively implement assignments for client
- Build a network within and outside of ERM that will enable you to leverage your skills and solve challenging multi-disciplinary client challenges
- BS/MS in safety, occupational health, engineering, or related science degree
- 3+ years of relevant experience in working with significant private-sector clients in laboratory environments
- Solid understanding of the relevant local, state and federal regulations and how they apply to specific industries; background in aerospace safety desired
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively
- Have experience with practical implementation of one or more of the H&S focus areas listed above
- Good team player, especially during challenging situations
- Effective management of multiple tasks and priorities
- Ability to delegate and utilize junior staff effectively
- Be ethical, responsive, and positive.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity from clients, regulators, and other stakeholders, and high sensitivity to proprietary information.
Who We Are:
As the world’s leading sustainability consulting firm, ERM is uniquely positioned to contribute to the environment and society through the expertise and energy of our employees worldwide. Sustainability is what we do, and is at the heart of both our service offerings and how we operate our business. ERM and our partners are driven by a dynamic vision: By 2021 we will be the clear leader in our chosen markets, we will double in value and we will deliver on our promises to our clients, our people and our investors. For our people, our vision means attracting, inspiring, developing and rewarding our people to work with the best clients and on the biggest challenges, thus creating valuable careers. We achieve our vision in a sustainable manner by maintaining and living our ERM values that include Accountability, Caring for our People, Client Focus, Collaboration, Empowerment, and Transparency.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!