Do you have experience in healthcare? A background in medical social work, nursing, or case management? Are you looking for a different approach to helping others navigate the complex health care system? Join our team of dedicated and passionate individuals at PinnacleCare!
This is a full-time, remote position, Monday-Friday, with an on-call rotation generally every 4 weeks, in a non-clinical setting. Daily travel may be required on occasion within 60 miles of the Los Angeles area. Further travel on occasion.
PinnacleCare is a private health advisory firm that connects individuals and organizations to the world’s most advanced healthcare and facilitates access to top specialists for a more streamlined and personalized healthcare experience. PinnacleCare extends a broad range of support for families and organizations to facilitate more efficient access and better outcomes – through Comprehensive Health Advisory Memberships for individuals/families, and Connection Group Benefits available through employers/organizations.
Job Summary: PinnacleCare Health Advisors provide high-touch customer service to PinnacleCare Members, building strong relationships while helping them to navigate the healthcare system in order to receive the best and most expeditious healthcare available. Health Advisors coordinate all aspects of the Member’s healthcare, including a collection of medical records, scheduling appointments, and facilitating second opinions with top physicians when needed. Working together with PinnacleCare’s Medical Directors and Researchers, PinnacleCare Advisors provide their Members with the latest information on medical conditions, treatments, clinical trials, as well as options of highly qualified physicians to consult for care. Members turn to their PinnacleCare Advisor for unbiased support and assistance in any medical situation.
- Provide competent, efficient and caring services to members and their families
- Develop and maintain close relationships with members through initial orientation, assisting with health care needs, proactive communication, participation in call schedule once a month to provide 24/7 coverage
- Develop and maintain relationships with physicians and hospital staff
- Work with Medical Directors and Research department to obtain options for healthcare treatment, physicians and facilities
- Schedule healthcare appointments and coordinate administrative functions
- Assist member w/travel arrangements, cultural needs and accompany to appointments when necessary
Other Duties: This job description does not cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position can be filled by an RN, MSW or related background
- At least 5 years in clinical medicine or case management
- Computer proficiency in MS Office suite, CRM database systems, and Internet required
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, English fluency a must
- Excellent time-management skills, agility in multi-tasking, decisiveness, bias towards action and proactive approach to medical needs of members
Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the individual must be able to walk occasionally. The individual may occasionally be required to bend or stoop. The individual may occasionally be required to lift objects up to 10 pounds. Use of office machines, computers, and phones in a home office setting.