An exciting opportunity to be lead our North American sales team, working for a dynamic Insurance & Technology (InsurTech) company. Our main business sectors are events and travel so there will be a requirement to travel to music festivals, conferences and sporting events across North America.
As Head of Sales North America you will be responsible for Protect Group’s market position and financial growth throughout the United States. You will define our strategic goals within the territory, build key customer relationships, identify business opportunities, negotiate and close business deals and maintain extensive knowledge of market conditions.
You will be responsible for the entire sales cycle from initially generating / qualifying leads to agreeing commercials & contracts. You will also be responsible for maximising the growth from our members (clients), by cross / up selling our portfolio of products.
You will work closely with our Appointments Team in the UK to ensure our marketing is targeted at businesses of the correct size in the best sector / territories to create the strongest long-term opportunities. You will report to the Sales Director – International, who will work with you to create the strongest possible membership portfolio & opportunities to be successful.
Protect Group’s Head Office team in Leeds will always be available to support your needs, including Sales, Legal, Compliance, Regulatory and Administrative support.
Business Development Planning
- Prospect for potential new clients and partnerships, identifying the decision makers within the organisation.
- Cold call as appropriate within your market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities. Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Set up meetings with decision makers.
- Plan approaches and pitches. Work with team to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion. Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
Management and Research
- Recruit, train, lead and develop a world class team of Business Development Managers.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within Protect Groups CRM System.
- Work with business development colleagues to ensure that prerequisites (like prequalification or getting on a vendor list) are fulfilled within a timely manner.
- Present business development training and mentoring to Business Development Managers.
Other Skills and Qualifications
Networking, Persuasion, Prospecting, Public Speaking, Research, Writing, Closing Skills, Motivation for Sales, Prospecting Skills, Sales Planning, Identification of Customer Needs and Challenges, Territory Management, Market Knowledge, Meeting Sales Goals, Professionalism, CRM, and Microsoft Office. Knowledge of Insurance, Travel and/or Events would be helpful but not essential.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year
- Sales: 2 years (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedules