Head Coach, Men’s Soccer
The Intercollegiate Athletics Department at George Mason University, an NCAA Division I institution and member of the Atlantic 10 Conference, is seeking qualified applicants for a Head Coach, Men’s Soccer position (full-time, 12-month administrative professional faculty). George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities include overseeing and operating a Division I Men’s Soccer program:
- Recruit quality and committed student-athletes;
- Organize and train athletes for competition;
- Monitor and support the academic success of student-athletes;
- Undertake fundraising, public relations and promotional activities suitable to the position in connection with the appropriate external affairs department;
- Plan comprehensive pre and post-season conditioning programs;
- Hire, supervise and evaluate personnel;
- Prepare and manage budgets and records;
- Know, understand and abide by all University, Atlantic 10 and NCAA rules and regulations;
- Abide by the rules of confidentiality (Buckley Amendment);
- Understand and abide by proper procedures of due process in dealing with the student-athlete and staff;
- Know, understand and ensure that the student-athletes abide by all the University, Atlantic 10 and NCAA rules and regulations; and
- Carry out other relative administrative duties.
- Must have an advanced degree or training and work experience at a level that equates to an advanced degree; and
- Demonstrated experience as a head coach or assistant coach at the collegiate, elite level club or professional level in the field of soccer.
Special Instructions to Applicants
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number FA341z at http://jobs.gmu.edu by November 29, 2019; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
For Full Consideration, Apply by: