Sheds Direct Inc. is a fast-growing storage building company. We offer an extensive line of storage buildings including vinyl, painted, and treated buildings. Our buildings are high quality, hand-crafted structures from the hands of hard-working Amish. With over 100 dealers across the United States and continuous growth, Sheds Direct offers a competitive yet family-friendly work environment.
Why choose Sheds Direct?
We seek driven individuals who are willing to commit to being an active team member. We provide training to all employees and entrust them with the role of representing our company. Sheds Direct recognizes the demands of work and thus offers flexible hours. Choosing a career with Sheds Direct means joining a family-friendly company which believes in the value and quality of its product.
We are on the hunt for a skilled and reliable Handyman/Carpenter to join our team. You will be responsible for all shed upkeep and repair duties including maintaining lot buildings, identifying the need for repairs, responding to customers’ repair requests, and servicing company equipment. The right candidate must provide their own tools and vehicle.
To be an effective handyman/carpenter, you will be skilled and hard-working, with outstanding problem-solving abilities. Skillful hands, good physical stamina, and strong technical knowledge are important parts of the successful candidate’s talents.
- Perform basic tasks including completing work orders in the Virginia area.
- Perform repairs on dealer lot sheds and customer sheds.
- Detect and report the need for major maintenance repairs.
- Respond to customer repair requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Provide customers with support and guidance after repairing their sheds.
- Take the role of driver for on-site build team members.
- Be responsible for transfer loads.
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification required.
- A minimum of 2 years working experience in a similar role.
- Solid experience with building and construction systems.
- Ability to work with hardware tools and power equipment.
- Extremely organized with good communication skills.
- Detail oriented with an aptitude for problem solving.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 2 years (Required)
- Handyman: 2 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)