are you an H2B visa worker currently working in the U.S and needing your summer 2021 extension? this might be the right fit… pays $15.00 to $16.00 per hour depending on experience
If you love golf , the outdoors, the cool pines of Northern Arizona, and hard work, you may be the perfect fit for this position.
In this position you will provide excellence in customer service to our members by keeping the course looking its best, not only tending to the holes, but also performing landscaping duties around the clubhouses, parking lots and tee boxes.
Some of the functions include:
- Insuring the course is ready for a steady flow of golfers throughout the day.
- Proactively alert management when there are potential issues on the course that may hinder play for our members.
- General outdoor work will include any and all of the following (not an all-inclusive list)
- Mowing Duties:
- Mowing greens – including repairing ball marks and any damage on every green before mowing.
- Mowing Tees- Ensuring that the Tees and Collars are mowed according to specifications.
- Mow Aprons – Mow all aprons, the par three fairways and dew walks.
- Mowing of Fairways, Rough and Driving Range Tee – See detailed specific job tasks
- Debris clean up – removing of all grass clippings and other debris
- Bunker Maintenance: Rake, Broom and Shovel all bunkers while ensuring that there is consistency and sand depth meets the play requirements.
- Set-up: Ensuring that the moving of the holes and tee markers are correct on a daily basis. Ensuring that all trash is emptied, ball washers and towels are maintained at a particular level and reviewing the condition of the tee markers, cups, flags, flagsticks and trash cans, replacing them as needed.
- Rolling Greens – as per directions
- Assisting the Irrigation Technician with any duties as needed.
- Divot Repair – ability to work independently as needed to
- Trimming of sprinkler heads, AGA and yardage plates, weed eating around trees, valve boxes and drains, cleaning yardage posts and tee markers, trimming cart path edges and curbs, hand watering fairways, bunker projects, cleaning common areas, and changing the holes on the practice and target greens.
- Assisting the head Mechanic with daily maintenance of equipment, ability to perform the duties of the mechanic during their absence (fixing flat tires, maintaining the equipment, checking greens mowers after each use)
- Basic knowledge of country club and golf course operations is helpful.
- Organized, able to work in a busy environment where the priorities are changing.
- Ability to perform a wide variety of tasks during busy times while working flexible hours with an enthusiastic personality.
- Must be reliable.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Position is in a busy golf/country club in a private residential community.
- Flexibility in schedule.
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs regularly; up to 100lbs occasionally and to lift overhead and push/pull.
- Work in an upright standing position for long periods of time.
- Must be able to frequently walk, sit, stand, bend, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear, stoop kneel, crouch, adjust vision accordingly (close, distance, peripheral, and depth perception)
- Exposed to outside weather conditions including heat, cold, wind, rain, snow, and humidity.
- Continuous ability to talk and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and far vision.
Equipment Used: Walk behind self-propelled mowers, push lawn mowers, tractors, pick-up trucks, utility vehicles, mechanical bunker rakes, walk behind aeration equipment, turf mowing tractors, string trimmers, backpack blowers, turf sweeper/vacuum, greens roller, plate compactor, walk behind trencher, generator, sod cutter, de-thatcher, chainsaw, trash pump, wood chipper. Various hand tools including, but not limited to: Pole saw, axe, sledgehammer, pick, sprinkler head trimmer, ball mark repair tool, pitchfork, pruning shears, post pounder, knife, wrench, screwdriver, shovel, rake, broom, wheelbarrow, tamper, squeegee, hole cutter, hammer, valve key, hose, quick coupler water attachment, sprinkler head repair tools, irrigation timing controller.
if interested send resume to: [email protected]