Pleasant Acres Rehabilitation and Nursing Center is looking for a part-time Groundskeeper. This position works 20 hours per week; generally 4 hours per shift. Times are flexible.
Responsible for the maintenance of all grounds; including plantings, mulching, the cutting of grass in season; the trimming of trees, as required. Responsible for snow removal and de-icing of walks and parking lots. Preform other assigned duties per supervisor.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Must have valid Pennsylvania drivers license.
2. Must maintain assigned PM task and reports.
3. Know and utilize reality orientation techniques.
4. Comply with department and facility procedures, safety and fire prevention standards.
5. Attend appropriate in-services..
6. Must have own hand tools applicable to the trade.
7. Works in all areas of the facility. Sits, stands, bends, lifts and moves intermittently during working hours.
8. Is subject to hostile and emotionally upset residents, family members, etc. Communicates with maintenance personnel and other department personnel.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language. Must possess the ability to make independent decisions, to follow instructions, and to accept constructive criticism.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/ personnel, and the general public.
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
- Must possess sight/ hearing senses or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately.
- Must maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment, etc., and maintain the appearance of maintenance work areas. Must be willing to work harmoniously with other personnel as well as be willing to handle residents based on whatever maturity level they are currently functioning.
- Must have the ability to minimize waste of supplies, misuse of equipment, etc.
- Must possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing maintenance practices. Must be able to follow written and oral instructions.
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the workday.
- Must function independently and have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with the residents/personnel.
- Must practice safety precautions when using tools of trade. Must be in good health and demonstrate emotional stability.
- Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and at times hostile people within the facility. Must be able to lift, push, pull, and move equipment, supplies, etc.,in excess of eighty (80) pounds. Must be able to assist in the evacuation of residents.
- Preform other duties as assigned.
- Work performed in all types of weather conditions.
- Post-offer medical examination or inquiry mandated condition for employment.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions, to follow instructions, and to accept constructive criticism.
- Assist other maintenance personnel as may be required.
- Will be required to climb and work off ladders. Is subject to frequent interruptions and may need to reschedule maintenance activities.
- Works beyond normal working hours and in other positions temporarily, when necessary. Attends and participates in continuing educational programs.
- Is subject to falls, burns from equipment, orders, etc., throughout the workday, as well as to reactions from dust, chemicals, disinfectants, etc. May be exposed to physically and/ or mentally ill residents at the facility.
- May be required to work in cramped spaces and in adverse weather conditions.
- Is subject to frequent interruptions and may need to reschedule maintenance activities
- High school/ vocational technical school graduate with previous mechanical and grounds keeping background. Ability to give direction to temporary, and summer grounds keeping employees
- Must acquire and maintain PA. Department of Agriculture Public Pesticide Applications License
- Methods and techniques of planting, transplanting, cultivating, pruning and maintaining a variety of lawns, ground cover, plants, hedges and trees.
- Methods and equipment used in weed, pest and insect control and treating plant diseases.
- Use and minor maintenance of commonly used hand and power landscaping tools and equipment.
- Maintain and keep records of salt, cinders, ice melt usage and proper storage of the same
- Maintain proper records of pesticides and chemicals used in trade
- Responsible for the care and maintenance of all passenger and grounds keeping equipment; and will make, or cause to have made, all necessary repairs to ensure operational qualities
- Will maintain supplies of oil, grease, anti-freeze, etc., and keep records of usage and needs.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $15.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Groundskeeping: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Required)