The main goal of this position is providing curb appeal by keeping all areas of the community clean and attractive. Primary duties include removing trash and litter, sweeping and pressure washing sidewalks and pathways, basic gardening and weeding, and wiping down and cleaning windows and common furniture. You may also use people skills to respond to service requests and repairs following safe work practices and in a manner that upholds our excellent reputation for customer service.
Each duty must be performed with the focus and accuracy it requires. The essential knowledge, skills and abilities you need are outlined below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job’s essential functions.
- Work with service team to ensure excellent curb appeal at all times.
- Maintain all public and common areas of the property in a clean, neat, attractive condition. Specific duties include removing all trash and litter, sweeping sidewalks and pathways, basic gardening and weeding, wiping down and cleaning windows and common furniture.
- Report physical safety hazards in community to supervisor.
- Participate in company training classes and meetings as required.
- Maintain superior customer service relationships with residents, co-workers, vendors and the community.
- Adhere to the company’s safety program and policy and procedures.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Property Manager.
- No specific level of education is required.
- Ability to fluently read and write English for safety and productivity reasons.
- Ability to accurately perform basic mathematical functions.
No specific level of experience is required.
- A valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance is also required. Position requires own vehicle to fulfill all of the job’s functions.
- Use of general cleaning equipment and tools including but not limited to: hand tools, paint equipment, ladders, cleaning chemicals, vacuums, blowers and hoses.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Will be exposed to constant activity that requires intermittent standing, bending, crouching, pushing/pulling, lifting/moving/carrying (light to heavy weight material/appliances/equipment up to 50 pounds for variable distances), climbing ladders/stairs, and walking on rooftops without endangering yourself, residents or co-workers. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate small-motorized equipment (i.e., repetitive hand/wrist, griping and elbow motion). Must have normal range of hearing, vision, color discrimination and depth perception for proper operation and repair of machines, wiring, and equipment. Must be able to complete tasks wearing appropriate safety equipment (i.e., back belts, goggles, masks, gloves, etc.).
Will be exposed on a regular basis to outdoor environment (i.e., heat, cold, damp, rain, etc.). Will also have light to moderate exposure to injuries (i.e., chemicals, electrical, machinery, tools, lifting, etc.). Will be exposed to some low-level noise when using power tools. Hazards can be minimized with proper lifting techniques, MSDS and general safety training and wearing of proper safety equipment.
Learning and Development
- Commit to ongoing professional development and career growth.
- Must wear career apparel based on defined company standards.