$16.68 – $21.35
The person in this position will be responsible for providing maintenance for grounds and parks that is aesthetically pleasing and meets the needs of City customers.
Stating rate: $19.34
Position Status: This is a part-time, temporary position, which limits employees to 26 weeks at 34-40 hours per week.
Work Schedule: Schedules are typically limited to day shifts, and work days include weekends.
- Rake leaves and clear debris and litter from walks, fields, parks and other facilities.
- Clean, empty garbage cans, clean and sanitize park restrooms, shelters and other facilities as needed or assigned.
- Safely operate commercial and specialized landscape maintenance equipment.
- Water, mow, weed, trim, renovate lawns.
- Perform specialized maintenance in parks, gardens and City owned facilities.
- Answer or refer questions from the public and provide good customer service.
- Utilize proper safety precautions related to all work performed.
- Adhere to policies and standards as set in the City's Employment Policy manual. May also perform routine maintenance of ball fields and surrounding area including but not limited to: dragging fields, lining fields, installing and repairing bases, mending fences, installing and repairing sprinklers, cleaning restrooms, picking up garbage (including dog waste) and using various hand and power tools.
- Perform related duties as required.
- Possession of a valid driver's license.
- Education equivalent to a high school diploma/GED.
The successful candidate must be able to work independently or in a team situation with a variety of people; lift or carry heavy objects estimated up to 50/60 lbs; operate a vehicle and tow a trailer with equipment as needed; work outside in all types of weather cold, hot, wet, windy; understand and follow oral and written directions; and maintain a professional, well-groomed appearance.
Must obtain or possess City-approved work boot upon hire. Work boots must meet ANSI Z41-1999 or ASTM F-2413-11 rating, with steel or composite toe protection, penetration resistant, and have non-skid soles. Work boots must also have a minimum of 6" uppers.
This position is subject to successful completion of a pre-employment reference check, a basic criminal background check, and driving abstract.
Job Posting End Date
Open Until Filled