JOIN THE BCI TEAM! BCI is seeking a Grill Cook to join their team onsite at Presidio of Monterey, Ca!
- Responsible and accountable for the satisfactory accomplishment of all assigned meal preparation, line setup, serving, sanitation, and after meal clean-up of kitchen and assigned serving stations.
- Other management assigned functions and tasks can apply.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Represent the company team in working with military personnel in the dining facilities.
- Prepares and follows recipe instructions for short order meal items such as hamburgers, baked fries, grilled eggs, taco bar, pasta bar, grilled vegetables, sandwich bar and other rations as required by recipes (AFRS recipe cards).
- Helps ensures the kitchen maintains safe and sanitary conditions at all times.
- Conducts on the job training when required.
- Ensures all food items are on the serving line at the required prescribed time (as dictated in TB Med 530)
- Samples all food items during preparation, cooking and upon completion of preparation & coking to ensure integrity & quality of taste.
- Ensure all food is properly garnished prior to placing them on the serving line.
- Ensure a proper replenishment procedure on the serving line is conducted.
- Ensures single use disposable gloves are used as required by TB Med 530
- Conduct complete pre-meal sanitation and service inspection of dining facility.
- Ensure all cooking tasks are conducted in accordance with TB Med 530 guidance.
- Cooperate with Quality Assurance Surveillance and Preventive Medicine Activity inspections.
- Ensure that progressive cookery methods are used when practical.
- Any additional duties assigned by shift leader and/ or management.