The University of New Mexico-Taos is seeking an experienced, motivated, and detail-oriented Graphic Design professional to support the marketing and communications efforts of a growing college campus. The Graphic Designer supports Branch Communications and Marketing (BCAM) which is responsible for all internal and external communications for UNM-Taos. This includes print advertising, digital signage, website, social media, flyers, promotion of academic programs, and development of the annual enrollment guide-efforts which are critical to student recruitment, outreach, engagement, and retention efforts on campus. The Graphic Designer reports directly to the Strategic Support Manager in the design and production of promotional materials for recruitment, outreach, curriculum, training, such as flyers, ads, brochures, logos, digital signage, exhibits and/or displays; design and production of camera-ready art including graphs, charts, clip art, posters, digitization of graphics, line-art, and/or photos.
This position will be responsible for a wide variety of projects including:
- Working with Branch Communications and Marketing (BCAM) and campus faculty and staff to design graphic elements for advertising and promotional materials to use in print (such as newspaper, flyers, brochures, posters, mailings, etc.) and web-based media (such as website, social media, email correspondences, etc.);
- Assisting in coordination of orders for print jobs and/or promotional/ recruitment/outreach merchandise;
- Assisting in drafting and/or proofreading language for ad copy or press releases;
- Maintaining an archive of design elements, photographs, graphics;
- Capturing, editing, and publishing photographs and/or videos for use in promotional and marketing campaigns;
- Miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
See the Position Description for additional information.