Boardriders, Inc., is the world’s leading action sports and lifestyle company that designs, produces and distributes branded apparel, footwear and accessories for Boardriders around the world. The Company’s apparel and footwear brands, represent a casual lifestyle for young‐minded people who are inspired by a passion for outdoor action sports. The Company’s Quiksilver, Billabong, Roxy, DC Shoes, RVCA, Element, VonZipper, Xcel, Kustom and Palmers brands have authentic roots and heritage in surf, snow and skate. With approximately 10,000 team members globally, the Company’s products are sold in more than 110 countries in a wide range of distribution, including surf shops, skate shops, snow shops, its proprietary Boardriders stores and other Company‐owned retail stores, select department stores and through various e‐ commerce channels.
As the Senior Graphic Artist, your job is to create the key art assets and style guides that fuel our global advertising, product marketing, and brand storytelling across regions and channels. Focused primarily on our Women’s categories, you will work closely with the Product and Marketing leads for each to bring seasonal stories to life, building line presentations, lookbooks, catalog spreads, retail marketing concepts, digital experiences, special packaging, advertising, and event branding. In addition to high level design skills, we are looking for someone whose talent potentially extends into writing, motion graphics, illustration, presentation design, retouching, or other related disciplines.
Our goal is to maintain a fast and nimble, yet full-service, creative agency capable of delivering excellence. Compelling portfolio and design expertise will be required. Personal initiative and creative drive critical.
This position will be a critical player on our global creative/marketing team – which exists to drive consideration for the brand AND to equip our regional production teams to execute efficiently and consistently.
“Boardriders is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer including: Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans”
- Be a creative voice from concept with product team to ultimate consumer experience of the brand and product
- Lead designers and also hands on design of all key-art concepts to drive the sell-in and sell-through process, evolving them in complexity as they grow from initial story concept to full go-to-market style guide and omni-channel asset package
- Design all high-level global projects that transcend region and channel as well as big-ticket regional projects that may require bespoke execution beyond production-level design
- Collaborate with the Lifestyle product and marketing leaders on seasonal product stories
- Support an overarching visual language to harmonize with our Lifestyle categories and deliver a consistent brand experience to our consumers
- Partner with any/all outside creative leadership and producers to ensure needs are met with photoshoots
- Edit and retouch photo assets when needed
- Develop logos, typography, and other identity assets that support new products, technologies, programs, and events
- Experience developing consumer campaigns and working across mediums is critical
- A keen understanding of layout and visual hierarchy on desktop, mobile, email, social media, and interactive experiences will be vital for success
- 8+ years’ experience designing in a brand or agency environment
- An authentic connection to women’s fashion/streetwear culture is ideal, but a proven ability to design for new audiences is essential
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, Motion Graphics, or a related discipline is preferred
- Proficiencies across the Adobe Creative Suite including Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
- A diverse portfolio reflecting sophistication in concept development, typography, layout, photo editing, and general artistry
- Experience in print production and digital design
- A finger-on-pulse pursuit of new techniques in software, social media applications, and digital communication