The Golf Shop Assistant is responsible for the daily operations of the Golf Shop and helps implement goals for measuring employee and guest satisfaction, sales and financial performance. This position reports to the Head Golf Professional.
- Communicate the core values and mission of BlueStar Resort & Golf (BSRG) to support the achievement of company goals.
- Maintain effective communication with all team members to maintain a smooth, informed, safe, and consistent atmosphere within the Golf Shop.
- Understand the Club’s sales goals and assist in achieving targets for retail revenues.
- Assist in developing the staff schedule to ensure adequate coverage.
- Provide exceptional customer service; professionally respond to all guest concerns.
- Answer phones and make tee time reservations.
- Check in players.
- Keep the Golf Shop fully stocked, clean, and a welcome place for guests.Monitor inventory and place purchase orders.
- Provide customer service and check out for retail sales to customers.
- Handle cash and card transactions, ensure charges are accurate and return correct change to guests.
- Assist in tournament operations with Tournament Coordinator and First Assistant Golf Professional, if requested.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Must be highly customer oriented and responsive with high need for closure.
- Able to work under pressure and balance multiple priorities and assignments.
- Strong team-building skills including the ability to lead, cooperate, and motivate.
- Must be role model and able to live our BlueStar core values:
- Honesty and Integrity
- Respect for the Individual
- Competitive Spirit
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS:
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Retail experience preferred.
- Computer literate.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, and short correspondence.
- Ability to calculate market pricing, discounts, percentages, inventory, and volume.
- Ability to communicate positively and effectively with team members and supervisors about job tasks and responsibilities.
- Desire to contribute to a productive work environment by maintaining a positive attitude with team members and the public.
- Must be self-motivated, follow direction, and able to work independently with little supervision.
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills, with excellent customer services skills and the ability to speak effectively and present information to another person and in small group situations with guests and team members.
- Must demonstrate initiative, with an ability to think, work, solve practical problems, and make independent decisions based on sound judgment.
- Must be able to consistently achieve high work standards; attention to detail, accuracy and timeliness is expected.
- Must be able to pay attention to multiple details and be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where continuous improvement is expected.
- This position requires a flexible schedule to include evenings and weekends.
- Valid driver’s license may be required.
This position generally operates in a professional indoor office and shop environment, but may have some exposure to outdoor weather conditions, and occasionally native wildlife, when on the grounds of the facility or attending outdoor events. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to hear, see, speak clearly and understand the speech of another person, sometimes in a noisy environment. This position is very active and requires standing and walking for most of a work shift, bending, kneeling, using hands to fingers to handle or feel, routinely using a cash register, and reaching with hands and arms. The position requires the ability to occasionally lift and/or push or pull items weighing up to 40 pounds.
BLUESTAR RESORT & GOLF IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER