Cleveland Metroparks is currently seeking Golf Maintenance Workers for Seneca Golf Turf. The Golf Maintenance Worker maintains and enhances golf course facilities by performing unskilled and semi-skilled jobs in a manner which assures a quality product and programs consistent with Park District policies.
We pride ourselves at Seneca for having an acute attention to detail in all facets of the operation, as our team works at a high level with guest focus as the number one goal.
- Regular and predictable attendance is expected and required. All Cleveland Metroparks employees must be prepared to work flexible schedules, including evenings, weekends, and/or holidays as required.
- Performs unskilled and semi-skilled work of a routine, repetitive nature in a responsible manner i.e., mowing, weed trimming, plant maintenance, building and facility maintenance such as cleaning.
- Performs routine maintenance on golf equipment.
- Makes minor mechanical repairs and service on division's equipment as directed.
- Keeps direct supervisor promptly informed of key/significant issues or concerns.
- Carries out duties and responsibilities in a safe and efficient manner to maintain a safe work environment and surrounding area for oneself, co-workers and public.
- Responds to hazardous situations and/or potentially unsafe conditions by taking corrective action as capable and promptly notifying supervisory personnel.Performs related duties as assigned or apparent.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license under the laws of the State of Ohio.
- Demonstrated ability to perform variable physical requirements of golf course work.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders, including employees and the general public.
- Ability to speak and write clearly, concisely and persuasively using correct grammar, spelling and punctuation with ability to communicate one-on-one or in group settings.
- Ability to perform work with a high degree of accuracy and organization.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to perform with considerable independence and initiative.
Work Schedule: Must be able to work a flexibile schedule, ability to work weekends and holidays.
Filing Deadline: Open until filled