Under supervision, works on the diverse range of activities involved in golf course maintenance and construction do semi-skilled grounds construction and maintenance work and perform related tasks as required.
- Operates powered equipment in mowing golf course putting greens, aprons, and tees.
- Waters and fertilizes putting greens, tees, fairways, and rough.
- Grades and prepares a soil-plant bed, lay sod, plants vegetative materials and seeds putting greens, tees, fairways, and rough.
- Changes cups and tee markers.
- Maintains ball washers and water hazards.
- Assist in the chemical applications on greens and tees.
- Rake and maintain bunkers.
- Assist in the construction of new greens, tees, and fairways by grading, preparing the soil, and planting.
- Operates dump trucks, tractor, and other light equipment in hauling and removing debris.
- Trims trees and pruned shrubbery.
- Maintain and create new gardens and landscapes.
- Knowledge of tools, methods, and materials used in golf course and grounds landscape construction and maintenance work.
- Ability to safely operate trucks and motorized equipment and to follow oral and written instructions.
- Be able to pass I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, and background check.