- 5+ years of experience either working in or with business development or sales teams
- Bachelor’s degree required
Do you want to play an instrumental role in supporting diversity and inclusion at Amazon? Here’s your opportunity! At Amazon, we work every day to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people of all backgrounds. We are seeking a world-class program manager to drive diversity and inclusion programs across the Global Business Development and Specialized Sales organization.
Working with the D&I Workforce Transformation team, Business Development and Specialized Sales teams, and points of contact from across the business, you will program manage the development, launch, and reporting of D&I programs. You will also be responsible for the results of those programs and the impact they have on the business. These will range across HR processes, but will include program managing the participation in industry recruiting work streams in Amazon’s centrally managed external recruiting conferences. You will design and manage programs to recruit, train, transition, and continually develop diverse talent, including direct from University hires, Internships, Military Apprentices transitioning to commercial careers, and more. It will also include work to ensure we are maximizing the diversity and inclusion opportunity for current employees, including programs involving developing our current team members. You will also assess risks, anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs as you implement centralized diversity program execution. You will report on the outcomes of all our work and strive to provide transparency and accountability across the organization for all of these initiatives.
Successful candidates will have experience managing programs across multiple global organizations with numerous stakeholders up to SVP level. You must have experience driving meaningful action, be data- and detail-oriented, and have excellent problem-solving abilities. You will be asked to operate effectively in an ambiguous environment and must have a demonstrated track record of managing multiple concurrent projects and driving them to completion. Because the person in this role will influence team members worldwide, they will also need to be highly collaborative and able to influence without authority while also being able to work with significant autonomy.
The role will report into the Vice President of Business Development and Specialized Sales and partner with Amazon Global D&I teams, the talent acquisition organization, and the worldwide Startup Business Development teams. The primary job duties are:
- Program manage D&I initiatives including BD and Specialized Sales experiments and the sharing of experiments to influence and utilize existing Amazon-wide mechanisms. This will include partnering with process owners worldwide across multiple functional groups.
- Manage the industry recruiting work stream for BD and Specialized Sales teams participating in external recruiting conferences. This includes developing and communicating Objectives/Key Results and Key Performance Indicators, supporting development of conference participation strategy, and supporting development and communication of post-mortem docs and continuous improvement recommendations.
- Design and manage programs to train, transition, and continually develop diverse talent, including influencing D&I for loop participants, Bar Raisers, Managers and other leadership roles.
- Develop communication for stakeholders at levels up to SVP and out to the entire Global Business Development and Specialized Sales Organization.
Preferred location would be Seattle, but virtual locations will be considered depending on candidate experience and relative location to key stakeholders.
Role will be responsible for program management of the Global BDand Specialized SalesDiversity and Inclusion program.
Role will report into the Global BDand Specialized SalesLeader and will work closely with other BD and Specialized Sales leaders, as well as the HRBPs and other managers and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience building and executing successful programs
- Experience leading large scale change management initiatives
- Business acumen, analytical skills, reliability and sound judgment
- Action oriented, superior attention to detail, strong organizational skills
- Proven ability to influence without authority and lead strategic priorities through to results
- Has demonstrated comfort and confidence in dealing with ambiguity and leading through change
- Excellent public speaking, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Meets/Exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/Exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Inclusion and Diversity principles
- Proven ability to think strategically and work across multiple territories, entities and lines of business
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage high-volume workload and complex priorities
- Demonstrated program management experience Ability to build consensus and relationships at all levels of the organization
This position must be located at one of our U.S. AWS Corp. offices with a preference for Seattle.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.