The Global Custody Product Management function is global, with regional management across the Americas, EMEA, and APAC. The successful candidate will join the Americas Global Custody Product Management Team, which is responsible for the end to end ownership of business delivery, product strategy, P&L, and governance of the Custody business. The Americas Team is based in New York.
We are seeking a detail orientated, execution focused professional who has expert-level knowledge of the Securities Services business, with considerable experience in the Global Custody space.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing a specific client segment or segments on an end-to-end basis, including all commercial aspects from pipeline analysis, to deal review and approval, to contract and fee negotiation and ultimately the design and delivery of the client operating model into operations. In the role, the VP/ ED will partner closely with Sales, Client Service, and Operations teams to define and drive the strategy for each client segment in order to win new business, retain existing clients, and guide the prioritization of product enhancements to ensure we deliver first class services. The VP/ED will also form strong partnerships with colleagues in second line of defense functions to ensure the business operates in a controlled and policy-aligned way. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Taking client segments to the next level with a defined segment strategy and producing a clear and agreed business pipeline
- Using data to drive business outcomes and industry-leading thought leadership
- Ownership of the end-to-end operating model using data to drive out anomalies and improve efficiency for our clients
- Coordinating segment-level governance for monitoring client satisfaction, approving client change, and reviewing operational risk events.
- Partnering closely with Sales to clearly define wallet-sizing for current and prospect client names and driving revenue and expense analysis.
- Partnering with Product Development to drive required investment funding, and working to define and close perceived or actual product gaps.
- Overseeing delivery of key business transformation projects as needed, focused on increasing profitability and controls with a heavy emphasis on data as an asset
- Participating and presenting in key franchise client discussions regarding current and target state Custody capabilities, and delivering executive-level messaging on J.P. Morgan Custody’s value proposition.
- Driving product innovation to influence long-term product direction and future strategy
- Engaging, establishing and strengthening senior-level working relationships with key product and functional partners within Securities Services and across Lines of Business
- Being able to quickly and clearly understand and articulate market and competitor changes as they pertain to clients and the Global Custody offering
- Expert-level understanding of the Securities Services business
- Very strong data analytics skills ideally gained though a proven ability to manage complex data sets using tools such as Tableau, Python or R programming
- Detailed understanding of the trade lifecycle, from execution through settlement and asset servicing
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, influencing and negotiation skills with the ability to develop and maintain collaborative senior relationships both internally and with external clients
- Advanced messaging skills in Word/ PowerPoint and all written documents to be able to articulate a vision in as few words as possible
- Desire to assume accountability for strategic deliverables and ability to act as a team player and agent of change in a dynamic environment
- Strong project and program management skills
- Expert analytical, problem solving, critical thinking and decision-making skills based upon fact and business/ industry knowledge
- Ability to drive change autonomously and multitask in a fast paced environment
- Strong organization skills, with a keen ability to prioritize and re-prioritize in real-time
- Experience with complex legal and commercial negotiations, including regulatory-driven challenges
- Experience working across multiple business areas and/or functions to deliver results
- Experience and subject matter expertise in servicing fund investments, both mutual and hedge funds, a definite plus
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans