Overall duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Cut flat glass, mirror, laminated and acrylic
- Repair/replace door hardware, window and door glass, residential and commercial glass work.
- Installation of all types of glass, curtain wall and partitions for interior and exterior buildings.
- Responsible for the application of sealants.
- Ability to use the following tools: glass cutters, quick knives, hacksaws, drills, chisels, hammers, screwdrivers, files, caulking guns and pry bars. Use of power tools: drill motors, rotor hammer, chop saws, screw guns, welding equipment and glass lifting apparatus.
- Use of equipment associated with glass/frame installation: cranes, forklifts and high reach
- Ability to work with and around other construction trades.
- Willing to travel varied amount of distances to job sites and locations.
Language skills: Ability to read, comprehend and explain documents: as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Mathematical skills: Precise measurements up to 1/16”, calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, percentages, area and volume, basic math concepts.
Physical demands: Required to stand, walk, reach above head, lift, push, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl. Lift/move up to 75 lbs. High noise level. Work indoors/outdoors. Work on ladders, scaffolding, swing staging and other man-lifting devices.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualities:
- 2-4 years’ experience in a Glazier or General Construction environment
- Accuracy and attention to detail a must.
- Ability to follow procedures and work independently.
- Professional work ethic in a team environment
- Must be reliable, dependable, and trustworthy
Available to work during business hours as needed Monday through Friday 7:00am – 5:00pm.
< MUST HAVE CURRENT VALID DRIVERS LICENSE>
Job Type: Full-time
- Glazier: 2 years (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance