The hotel is ideally located close to the University of South Carolina, the award-winning Riverbanks Zoo & Garden, and many downtown restaurants and shops. The Tru by Hilton Columbia/Greystone will have 117 guestrooms featuring essential business amenities including Hilton’s four-zone lobby with work spaces, in-room entertainment, a 24/7 market, and a modern fitness center. The Tru by Hilton’s mantra is to offer these great amenities while remaining grounded in value.
The ideal candidate will have minimum of 3 years of experience as GM for a full or focus service hotel preferably with Hilton or other upscale franchise hotel chain.
Responsibilities include managing the daily hotel operations to achieve planned goals for operational integrity as measured by revenue, house profit, and RevPAR index while maintaining company standards for guest satisfaction, associate satisfaction, quality assurance, and asset protection.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Focus on achievement of hotel financial goals / budget targets.
- Coaches and supports hotel team to effectively manage occupancy and rates, wages and controllable expenses.
- Ensure that payroll and purchasing controls are in place to maintain and exceed profit goals.
- Develop accurate and aggressive long and short-range financial objectives consistent with property objectives.
- Provide exceptional customer service to all hotel guests, making their stay as comfortable and accommodating as possible while achieving team and Brand goals.
- Be accessible to guests and employees.
- Conduct weekly staff meetings and the required meetings for all employees.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as hotel GM for full or focus service hotel.
- Food & Beverage experience required.
- Computer literate in all major Microsoft Office products and various Property Management Systems (PMS).