Regal Hospitality Inc is seeking an experienced General Manager for the Sheraton Omaha Hotel.
Regal Hospitality is a rapidly growing hotel company based in Columbus, Ohio. Our foundation is built on the belief that people make the difference. We are passionate about our entrepreneurial spirit which flows through the organization from our “first touch associates” up through our corporate level leadership team. We are defined by our drive to do what is right by all our stakeholders not just what is easy. Regal Hospitality: Where Excellence Lives.
The ideal candidate is a seasoned and highly intelligent hotel professional with outstanding, management skills and extensive hands-on experience. Available to work when needed, including some weekends, holidays, and nights. Must have clean background, driving license and be able to go through drug screening.
The General manager is responsible for all aspects of operations at the hotel, to day-to-day staff management and guests. He / She should be an ambassador for the brand and your hotel. Provide leadership and strategic planning to all departments in support of our service culture, maximized operations and guest satisfaction. Work Very closely with the hotel owners and other stake holders.
Responsible for managing the Hotels management team and overall hotel targets to deliver an excellent Guest experience. A General Manager would also be required to manage between profitability and guest satisfaction measures.
Essential Job Functions:
- Oversee the operations functions of the hotel, as per the Organizational chart.
- Hold regular briefings and meetings with all head of departments.
- Ensure full compliance to Hotel operating controls, SOP’s, policies, procedures and service standards.
- Lead all key property issues including capital projects, customer service and refurbishment.
- Handling complaints, and oversee the service recovery procedures.
- Responsible for the preparation, presentation and subsequent achievement of the hotel’s annual Operating Budget, Marketing & Sales Plan and Capital Budget.
- Manage on-going profitability of the hotel, ensuring revenue and guest satisfaction targets are met and exceeded.
- Ensure all decisions are made in the best interest of the hotels and management.
- Deliver hotel budget goals and set other short and long term strategic goals for the property.
- Developing improvement actions, carry out costs savings.
- A strong understanding of P&L statements and the ability to react with impactful strategies
- Closely monitor the hotels business reports on a daily basis and take decisions accordingly.
- Act as a final decision maker in hiring a key staffs.
- Be accountable for responsibilities of department heads and take ownership of all guest complaints.
- Provide effective leadership to hotel team members.
- Lead in all aspects of business planning.
- Respond to audits to ensure continual improvement is achieved.
- Corporate client handling and take part in new client acquisition along with the sales team whenever required.
- Assisting in residential sales as and when required and development with strong sales prospects.
- Responsible for safeguarding the quality of operations both (internal & external audits).
- Must have Prior Hotel Management Experience
- Hilton knowledge is a plus.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans, security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations, preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget forecasting, quality assurance programs, hospitality law, and long-range planning. Leadership skills to motivate and develop staff and to ensure accomplishment of goals. Able to set priorities, plan, organize, and delegate. Written communication skills to be concise, well organized, complete, and clear. Ability to move throughout premises and visually inspect conditions including bending, stooping and reaching arms overhead. Ability to work effectively under time constraints and deadlines. Ability to travel to various sites on and off hotel property and continuously perform essential job functions.
Our guests are what we are all about. One essential piece to a positive guest experience is positive interaction with Regal Hospitality staff. Associates must remain professional at all times, and treat all guests and fellow associates with courtesy and respect, under all circumstances. Every Regal Hospitality associate is a guest relations ambassador, every working minute of every day.
In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience, your work habits should always meet and strive to exceed hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, punctuality and attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and in hotel procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and/or improve existing ones and have the ability to solve routine problems that occur on the job.
Safety & Security:
The safety and security of our guests and associates is of utmost importance to Regal Hospitality. Every Regal Hospitality associate should adhere to the hotel security policies and procedures.
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. The specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the associate’s supervisor.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 5 years (Preferred)
- Hotel Management: 3 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off