All Locations: Chantilly, VA (Virginia)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you’ll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation’s space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration – to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you’ll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The National Intelligence Division (NID) within the National Systems Group (NSG) provides engineering support to the Intelligence Community to include ODNI, CIA, NGA, NSA and DIA, working with the entire IC to support end-to-end mission capabilities. This critical support allows the use of the engineering backplane in The Aerospace Engineering Matrix to bring connective tissue through the community based on our extensive knowledge and experience in the NRO and its mission partners. Collaboration across NSG, other customer facing organizations and the Corporation as a whole is an essential component of the role.
The General Manager of NID leads an organization of innovative problem solvers who have an interest in the end-to-end intelligence cycle. We provide support from architecture and system engineering to prototype design, transfer of technology to commercial partners and delivery of capabilities to the field. The Aerospace Engineering Matrix disciplines provide support to this dynamic portfolio. Responsibilities include working directly with senior program office leadership, advising and assisting them in the areas of architecture planning, research and technology strategy, acquisition approaches and sensor designs. In addition to direct customer support, the General Manager will be responsible for establishing the technical operating plans, managing STE allocation and funding, overseeing the quality of technical products, strategic planning, goals and objective setting, developing strategic plan for future support, tracking external developments that may impact the mission area, and staff development.
- Aerospace lead for the technical operating plans, budget control, staffing, succession planning, workforce needs, personnel development, customer interaction, and technical positions.
- Maintain division focus on mission success from cradle to grave across the portfolio.
- Develop the division objectives and strategy consistent with the corporate goals, customer expectations, and provide direction and planning for achieving strategic goals.
- Position Aerospace in the highest value functions across the program.
- Work with the customer to define high value scope of work, translate customer technical operating plans into technical priorities, manage budget constraints, plan and execute staffing as required.
- Support the development, implementation, and execution of program acquisition strategies.
- Lead the integration of Aerospace knowledge and analysis to provide responsive recommendations to the customer leadership for ongoing programs, new programs of record, and research and technology priorities.
- Anticipate the customer’s future needs and create an agile work force that can respond.
- Set the organization structure, guide staffing, develop and grow the management team.
- Provide leadership for setting goals and direction, mentoring, providing critical feedback, and coaching aimed at developing an agile technical staff and staff development.
- Grow the business with additional STE based on customer needs.
- Minimum 15 years of relevant experience across multiple Intelligence Community organizations.
- Demonstrated understanding of the NRO and its interactions with its mission partners
- Executive leadership and strategic planning skills.
- Demonstrated management skills across budget, staff development, planning, and customer accounts.
- Demonstrated ability to lead integrated multidisciplinary teams and drive collaboration to create successful mission outcomes.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills for interactions at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with all levels of customers, commercial industry and corporate staff.
- Demonstrated experience leading teams to accomplish mission objectives.
- Ability to influence outcomes utilizing objective facts, speaking truth to power.
- Moderate travel
- Current and active TS/SCI
- Experience with design, development, integration and program management of IC programs.
- Advanced degree in technical subject area.
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: TS/SSBI
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Corporate Officers
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you’re an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at [email protected] You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Defense, Engineer, Security Clearance, Strategic Planning, Quality Assurance, Government, Engineering, Strategy, Technology