CALVERT MANOR CENTER FOR REHAB & HEALTHCARE
GENERAL MAINTENANCE/ GROUNDS KEEPER
The General Maintenance/ Groundskeeper is responsible for maintaining all aspects of the facility and of the grounds and equipment used to maintain a presentable grounds appearance. Perform preventive maintenance, routine servicing, seasonal repairs and changes, building equipment and plumbing repairs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND DUTIES
1. Performs repair and maintenance to the inside and outside of facility and grounds.
2. Regular monitoring of the grounds, parking areas and driveways, remove debris keeping them attractive and clean.
3. Landscape maintenance (weeding, mowing and trimming)
4. Snow removal.
5. Notifies Maintenance Manager when repair requires outside contractor.
6. Accepts deliveries, checks packing slips against received items, stores items in proper area.
7. Maintains inventory of supplies required in resident areas; delivers supplies to ensure adequate supplies are maintained.
8. Checks periodically each day the Maintenance Log and perform requested work.
9. Monitors oxygen tank usage; delivers/picks up from resident areas; ensures adequate supply is available in the facility.
10. Conducts preventative maintenance checks according to schedule.
11. Uses appropriate protective equipment when performing work; performs work with understanding of hazardous substances, infection control, isolation, and universal precautions.
12. Uses tools and equipment according to manufacturer’s specifications.
13. Attends in-service meetings, completes in-service requirements.
14. Participate in rotating on-call schedule
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
1. The ability to ambulate throughout the facility is required.
2. The ability to bend, stoop, twist, reach above head, visually observe, climb ladders, work in small spaces, and work in high areas above the ground is required.
3. Fine hand coordination is required.
4. The ability to read, write, and speak English is required.
5. The ability to lift weights up to 100 pounds with assistance is required.
6. Prior maintenance experience with electrical systems, HVAC, and/or plumbing systems preferred.
8. The ability to treat residents with respect, kindness, and consideration is required.
The maintenance staff reports directly to the Maintenance Manager.
Rev. 7/8/00, 1/04, 1/12, 2/16
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
- One location
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place