If you are not currently a DPS Paraprofessional or Teacher you must first apply to the general Paraprofessional Job Opportunities posting before applying to a specific school. If you have not completed this process you will find the Apply Now button above is not available. Candidates who are not current DPS employees may apply to the general paraprofessional position here or by searching the DPS Job Board for job ID 26820. Current DPS employees will find the Paraprofessional Job Opportunities position listed under the Hot Jobs section of Opportunities in their Employee Space.
STEELE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
Hours Per Day: 5
Salary Range: $12.54 – $13.13 per hour
School Year: 2018-19
Subjects and Grades:
- Elementary Education
- Grade 01 – First
- Grade 02 – Second
- Grade 03 – Third
- Grade 04 – Fourth
- Grade 05 – Fifth
Essential Functions and Objectives:
- The General Assignment I Paraprofessional will provide general assistance and support to teachers and administration. Responsible for assisting teachers with both instructional and behavioral management duties. Helps provide students with assistance on in-class work and assists in preparing student assignments and in grading student work. May also assist in the Library Media Center or the Computer Lab.
Copy of official/unofficial transcript(s) verifying at least 48 semester hours, Associate’s, or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university (All foreign transcripts must be evaluated by a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services. You do not need a course-by-course, just a basic evaluation. Visit www.naces.org for approved service members).
Copy of high school diploma or GED and proof of passing the TABE D Adult Education Test for Reading and Math.
Copy of high school diploma or GED and proof of passing the WorkKeys exam in reading for information and applied mathematics. Score of 4 or higher in both is required.
Testing Information for TABE D:
Testing is available at the Emily Griffith Testing Center for $15.00
– 1860 Lincoln Street, Denver, CO 80203 – 6th Floor
– Testing is available by walk-in during the following hours (offices are closed most holidays – check the hours on their website before visiting)
– Monday – Wednesday: 8AM – 4PM
– Thursday: 8AM – 1PM
– Friday: 8AM – 10AM
Required Scores are:
– Paraprofessionals working in ECE – 5th grade positions: Reading score of 7.3 or higher and Math score of 6.1 or higher.
- Paraprofessionals working 6th-8th grade positions: Reading and Math Score of 9.0 or higher
– Paraprofessionals working in 9th – 12th grade positions: Reading and Math Score of 12.7 or higher
Steele Elementary School provides a dynamic atmosphere for students, staff and the community. We believe in putting students first in everything we do and know that by working together all of our students will succeed. We believe that all students have the ability to critically think and that as educators it is our responsibility to create learning opportunities that foster collaboration and critical thinking. We believe that students learn best in a supportive environment where they are encouraged and comfortable in sharing their voice with the teacher and their class. We also know that adults perform best when they are comfortable taking risks and have a set of shared values and goals. We pride ourselves as a school that loves teaching and fosters a love of learning for everyone. Steele has a partnership with Stanley British Primary and approximately half of our classrooms have a teaching intern in the classroom with them. Teachers who are not British Primary trained are provided a full time classroom aide.