Function of the General Psychiatrist:
Our company is special because we offer therapy and psychiatry in house so Medical Staff and Clinical Staff can truly work together. We have onsite and remote work opportunities for Outpatient, IOP, Inpatient as well as ER psychiatry. You can mix and match to make your own customized dream work week!
Job-Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
· To provide psychiatric services including direct patient care, psychiatric evaluation, medication management, triage & phone consultation, call coverage as needed, and participation in treatment team meetings at the Nevada Mental Health Clinic location(s) and other location as needed for cross-coverage purposes.
· To ensure that every new patient has a psychiatric evaluation, diagnosis, and a treatment plan that meets licensure and regulatory standards. All documentation must be done in the Company’s Electronic Medical Record (EMR) using approved Company forms.
· To ensure that care is provided in accordance with the standards and guidelines set by American Psychiatric Association and American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
· To ensure a progress note exists for each clinical contact in the Company’s EMR.
· To comply with the Company’s medical records procedures and ensure patients’ records remain confidential pursuant to all federal and state confidentiality laws.
· To participate in the Company’s Performance Improvement and Quality Assurance projects and peer reviews.
· To provide required documentation, references, and evidence of licensure for credentialing purposes.
· To work with Company’s Medical Director for clinical duties, schedule changes and time off, as per policies and procedures.
· Board Certified or Board Eligible in Adult Psychiatry
· Must have graduated from an accredited residency program with training in General Psychiatry.
· 3-5 years of post-training experience preferred, but not required.
· Must maintain active Nevada license and remain in good standing with the appropriate licensing board(s)
· Must have NV Pharmacy, CS and DEA License.
· Leads by example, team player attitude, and shares our values
· Thorough knowledge of the DSM
· Awareness, sensitivity to, and respect for cultural variation and the power of personal values and biases
· Experience and confidence identifying and implementing evidence-based practices
· Experience working in crisis setting with individuals and families
· Ability to work flexible hours
Competent with Word, Excel, internet-based programs, and customized databases
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Pay: $175,000.00 – $225,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
We are currently working remotely.
- Doctorate (Required)
- NV Pharmacy, CS, and DEA license (Required)
- Board Certified or Board Eligibility in Adult Psychiatry (Required)