Our vision is to be the utility company most admired by customers, communities and investors for our people, passion and performance.
The Dispatcher is responsible for coordination of communications and information operating a variety of communication equipment including two-way radios, pagers, cell phones, and personal computers in order to receive, prioritize, schedule and dispatch emergency and non-emergency calls for service. This position also coordinates internal and external agencies, vendors, and equipment for field crews.
- Respond to phone calls from multiple departments as well as customers
- Generate and dispatch work orders for emergency work as well as non-emergency work.
- Coordinate communications and information with the field crews, mobile units and other personnel and departments
- Respond to Field calls and take corrective actions.
- Plan, prioritize and schedule daily work activities of the appropriate field personnel.
- Ensure notifications for off-hour repairs.
- Monitor the dispatched personnel for completion of tasks, emergencies and availability.
- Preparing, maintaining records, logs, reports and forms.
- The ability to work in multiple computer applications and billing systems.
- Be willing to work overtime, Saturday, Sunday, holidays, and any shifts as may be established, perform on-call duties.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required. Associates Degree preferred.
- Two years’ experience in dispatching/ call center environment and/or demonstrated experience with managing multi-task assignments in a customer service environment required. Utility experience a plus.
- Experience with Gas & Electric operations/ distribution systems preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word & Excel) & Outlook required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills for conveying information required.
- Record keeping skills with preparing, maintaining records, logs and generating Excel reports.
- Strong interpersonal skills in communications with coworkers, supervisors and all levels of staff.
- Ability to follow directions and apply safety procedures.
- Maintain calm and efficient demeanor in tense and emergency situations required.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines required.
- Available to work shifts, weekends and holidays required.
- Pass Pre-employment DOT testing required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
Who we are
We know that the services we provide directly affect and are essential to our customers’ quality of life and wellbeing. From homes to hospitals, elder-care facilities to elementary schools, our customers depend on our ability to continue to provide safe and reliable energy and water services. For more than 30 years, Liberty has demonstrated an unwavering commitment to delivering clean energy and water solutions. Our rapid growth has led both our renewable energy and regulated utility services into different geographies and commodities, but our purpose remains unchanged – Sustaining Energy and Water for Life.
Today, Liberty provides regulated water, electricity, and natural gas utility services to over 807,000 customers in the United States and Canada. And, our growing portfolio of clean, renewable wind, solar, hydro and thermal power generation facilities represents over 2 gigawatts (GW) of installed capacity and more than 1.6 GW of renewable energy projects under construction.
Through embedding sustainability in our day-to-day business decisions and putting our customers first in all that we do, we know that we can do well by doing good. We recognize that we have a role to play in leading the energy transition towards greener solutions for our customers and communities. And, our recent recognition in the 2020 Bloomberg Gender Equality Index and as one of the Top 10 of Corporate Knights Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World ranking are testaments to our work in sustainability.
About Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp:
Liberty is a subsidiary of Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp. (“Algonquin”). Algonquin is a North American diversified generation, transmission and distribution utility with $11 billion of total assets. Common shares, preferred shares, and installment receipts are traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols AQN, AQN.PR.A, AQN.PR.D, and AQN.IR. APUC's common shares are also listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol AQN.
Visit our Careers Site at https://jobs.libertyenergyandwater.com/
Follow us on Twitter and join the conversation! @AQN_Utilities & @AQN_Careers
What we offer
Collaborative environment with a genuine flexible working policy
Share purchase/match plan
Top Talent Program
Volunteer paid days off
Employee Assistance Program
Free parking, including free electrical charging
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you are excited about this role, and are not certain you meet the all the qualification requirements, we encourage you to apply to further investigate the opportunity.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value each person’s unique background, diversity, experiences, perspectives and talents. Full participation of all employees in a safe, healthy and respectful environment is key to individual and company success. We are committed to fully utilizing the abilities of all of our employees and expect each of our employees to honor this commitment in their daily responsibilities.
As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the Talent Acquisition Team.