New Starting Rates!
Pay Range: $10-$11
Corso’s Flower and Garden Center is a division within the parent company of August Corso Sons, Inc. which also includes a garden center, nursery, floral, wholesale and landscape divisions.
Garden Center Cashier Position Summary:
This position provides assistance to customer in encouraging, locating, and purchasing merchandise in Garden Center. This is a part-time, seasonal position.
Garden Center Cashier Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cashier duties including maintaining a balanced drawer and accurately recording sales receipts
- Finding answers to customer questions and answer telephones
- Maintains positive relationship and uses suggestive selling with customers
- Some stocking and unloading of garden center products
- Handyman experience a plus
- All other duties as assigned
- Practices and complies with all OSHA and Company safety policies and practices.
Garden Center Cashier Qualifications:
- A positive upbeat attitude with a smile
- Ability to work well with customers and co-workers
- Schedule flexibility to include some days, weekends and evenings
- Some plant knowledge advantageous
- Ability to lift 40-50 lbs. occasionally; ability to stand, walk, climb ladders, bend, squat, stoop and twist for long periods of time
- Ability to follow specific details and be self-motivated
- Experience in retail, customer service or sales environment
- Ability to climb a ladder
Shifts: Variable dependent on availability
* * *
August Corso Son’s, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. m/f/d/v
August Corso Son’s Inc. participates in E-Verify. Please click the links to view more details:
Right to Work: