The Program Lead Role
The Program Leader serves alongside the Site Leader as a Drobots ambassador, a primary onsite liaison, and the additional communicator and “customer care” relationship manager between our company and the school’s director of summer camp programs. In addition to providing direct instruction to campers, the Program Leader is responsible for managing the staff, curriculum, materials, inventory and daily operations of Drobots’ Technology Camps at our partnered schools in your area. This role also includes, but is not limited to the supervision, responsibility, and communication of and with all Drobots instructors, attending campers and families, oversight of Drobots programs, and the overall safety, positivity and educational delivery of the company’s programs. At this location, you will also serve as the Site Lead and be the Drobots ambassador, the primary onsite liaison, and the foremost communicator and “customer care” relationship manager between our company and the school’s director of summer camp programs.
Why This Role Is Essential
Drobots is a third-party and turnkey provider of technology and STEM-based summer camp programs for schools and organizations (“schools”) across the country. Moreover, Drobots is contracted to provide complementary programming for schools that already have an existing camp model. In other words we are both the school’s partner and the visiting guest, fulfilling the majority of technology programs offered campus throughout the duration of the summer. Therefore, the Program Leader plays a vital and important role, one which is necessary to maintain strong relationships and quality assurance.
Who You Will Report To
The Program Leader reports to the talent and customer support teams at Drobots Headquarters in addition to the Drobots Camp Site Leader, when you work on location where a Site Leader is present.
In addition to providing direct instruction to campers, the Program Leader is also the on-location, day-to-day “last-word leader and final decision maker” for Drobots’ Technology Camps. This key member of the team oversees and is responsible for: the company’s core values, the enjoyment and positive energy of all camp programming, the Drobots personnel, the integrity and implementation of the curriculum, and and above all – the safety of all campers.
Training and Pre-Camp Responsibility
- Attend a mandatory weekend training (April 27-28), conducted at Drobots HQ in Maryland
- Attend a mandatory weekend training (June 8), conducted at the geographical and school location (TBA).
- Attend 2-3 weekday remote webinar trainings (May/June)
- Complete and fulfill any company rules and regulations and curriculum-related online trainings
Additional Tasks Include
- Attend and participate in company training(s) (possible travel involved) and help implement learned concepts at regional training with local staff.
- Proactive communication with Headquarters and school camp directors.
- Maintaining positive communication and relationships with the on-location Drobots staff and points of contact; parent communication; medical and emergency procedures manager.
- This position is expected to spend the majority of their time instructing campers along with the additional leadership responsibilities outlined.