The Hyatt Palace Vacaville is a new-build hotel located adjacent to Sunrise Banquet Hall and Event Center, a popular Vacaville event venue, and near Nut Tree Plaza and the Vacaville Premium Outlets. Offering casual hospitality and purposeful service in a smartly designed, high-tech and contemporary environment, Hyatt Place Vacaville will feature stylish and comfortable guestrooms with separate spaces for sleeping, working and playing, and the amenities to accommodate guests’ lifestyles and familiar routines.
The Opportunity The Gallery Supervisor you will coordinate the activities of Gallery Hosts, Night Auditors and Kitchen Hosts to ensure high-quality guest service.
We are currently looking for a Gallery Supervisor to join the front office team at our Hyatt Place Vacaville property.
As a Gallery Supervisor, you will be responsible for supervising the operational activities of the Hotel and front office within corporate and hotel guidelines to provide the highest standards of customer service, while maximizing room revenue and occupancy.
Key responsibilities of a Gallery Supervisor include:
- Supervising procedural aspects of the hotel and front office, maintaining a presence during peak traffic periods
- Observing employees while they work to ensure that the front desk team is checking guests in and out of the hotel in an efficient, courteous, and professional manner
- Ensuring guests; needs and concerns are responded to in a timely, professional and friendly manner with a focus on service recovery when applicable
- Performing front desk agent duties as necessary, such as registration, check out and processing room reservations for guests
- Assisting employees with questions and problems as they occur
- Ensuring that all Elite guests, VIP guests and repeat guests are identified, recognized and pre-blocked
- Ensuring proper execution of VIP requirements, including room requests, amenity placement, welcome letters, gifts, etc.
- Monitoring cash handling, credit card totals and deposit slips to ensure accuracy
- Ensuring that all safety and security policies and procedures are followed
- Assisting with the training, coaching and development of team members
- Assisting with interviewing and hiring team members
- Managing and resolving all guest complaints and compliments in a professional and courteous manner
- Maintaining an up to date working knowledge of all property amenities as well as any special events
The ideal Gallert Supervisor candidate will possess strong communication skills, a clear understanding of guest service in a hotel environment and demonstrate leadership abilities.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- One to three years front desk experience in a hotel property of similar size and quality
- Understanding of full service hotel products and guest services
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
- Must be highly organized, results oriented with the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a fast-paced changing environment
- Ability to handle stressful situations in a calm, professional manner and exhibit good judgment
- Must have the ability to communicate clearly and directly with guests and team members using a positive, clear speaking voice
- Strong interpersonal skills: ability to get along with diverse personalities, tactful and flexible
- Must possess strong communication and listening skills
- Ability to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights, and weekends
An Equal Opportunity Employer
This position is at a location where Hyatt is not the employer. The employer of individuals working at this hotel may be a third-party management company that is responsible for all employment benefits and obligations at this location.