- Education/License: Licensed Registered Nurse in the State of Texas.
- Experience: Preferred prior experience in a chemical dependence treatment setting.
- Certifications: CPR
- Licenses: RN in the State of Texas
- Special Requirements: Excellent communication skills and the ability to work as a team member
- Age / Gender Specifics: Ability to work with male and female, adult substance abuse population.
Reports all alleged incidents of abuse or neglect to HHSC as set forth by §448.
Adheres to patient rights as outlined in licensure manual.
Completes an initial health assessment, or confirms necessary H&P and medical documentation in client's medical chart.
Assists in identification of medical, emotional, and social needs of the client throughout the treatment process.
Assesses medical and psychological problems reporting significant findings to the physician or appropriate counselor.
Documents change in conditions/ behaviors, health issues, etc.…
Notifies family or responsible party for health issues, change in condition or other pertinent information regarding the client.
Meets with and addresses client concerns (i.e.: non-emergency, medical request forms, etc..)
Requests random urine tests for clients and staff and files reports.
Obtains written and telephone orders from physician and documents them appropriately.
Assists Medical Director in uploading pertinent notes and other medical related documents, collecting data, performing assessments, and providing education to clients regarding medical care.
Reviews and organizes all medical files.
On-call (scheduled days)24 hours a day for medical assistance, guidance, etc.…to support clients/staff/technicians (unless otherwise specified and appropriate coverage in place).
Assists in the supervision of monitored self-medication program and provides appropriate education to staff and clients in the treatment program.
Coordinates outside medical appointments.
Offers educational training on STDs, HIV, Smoking Cessation and Narcan.
Completes Incident Reports, in-services and coaching notes for personnel files.
Maintains inventory of medical and pharmaceutical supplies.
Participates in ongoing trainings, seminars, and staff meeting submitting reports as needed.
Supervises activities and job performance of Clinical Assistant.
Assumes role of RCT supervisor while on duty.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 – $60,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Free parking
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- On call
- State of Texas RN license (Preferred)
- One location
- For Profit
Completed license needed:
- Upon starting work
- Not listed / Other
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place