A Plus Plumbing Corp. | 141 Seaview Ave, Staten Island, NY
10304 | 718-605-3900 | aplusplumbingnyc.com
A Plus Plumbing Corp. has been in the residential & commercial plumbing, heating, and fire sprinkler industry for more than 20 years.
A Plus Plumbing Corp. is currently seeking a competent and experienced:
Full-Time Plumbing & Sprinkler Estimator
The duties of the Estimator include:
– Dissecting and assessing architectural, mechanical, plumbing, and fire suppression drawings to establish a clear idea of material required in scope of work, including (but not limited to) fixtures, piping, fittings, drains, hangers & supports, valves, alarm systems, structural items, and seismic counter-measures.
– Establishing relationships and communicating with suppliers who can provide competitive pricing for material required to carry out project.
– Establishing competitive quotations to submit to our clients using obtained fixture & material pricing, along with our current rates for apprentice, mechanic, and foreman labor, in a timely manner.
– Completing levelling sheets according to our clients requirements, so that all items in the proposed scope are included in quotation before it is signed and agreed.
– Assessing and applying the schedule of responsibilities to quotations to insure all items required by the prospective plumbing, heating, and sprinkler contractor(s) are carried out under the initial agreement of contract, without items missed, potentially leading to back charge.
– Using information and field sketches supplied by our clients, or our foremen and project managers, to develop pricing for change orders on current projects, as needed by our clients.
The * ideal* candidate for this position will meet the following criteria:
– Attentive, punctual, and able to work and thrive in a fast-paced, high-stress environment.
– Credible experience in the New York City construction industry.
– At least (5) years of continuous full-time employment in the field of construction estimating.
– At least (5) years of experience in the fields of plumbing, heating &
HVAC, and fire sprinkler.
– A Bachelor’s Degree in a field relevant to estimating, construction, cost analysis, and/or engineering (or other relevant field).*
– Experience in the field of plumbing, heating & HVAC, and/or fire sprinkler; ideally in New York City.
*Considerable experience in the field may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
All applications m ust include:
– A cover letter.
– An up-to-date resume.
– (2) credible references, at least (1) of which from prior employer(s), both of whom can provide honest professional and character references.
Before hire, all prospective A Plus Plumbing Corp. employees must agree to:
– Submit a 16-panel drug screening.
– A background check.
– Complete a 2-part personality assessment (3-part for prospective mechanics and foremen).
Job Type: Full-time
- Plumbing, HVAC, and Fire Sprinkler: 5 years (Preferred)
- Construction Estimating: 5 years (Required)
- Staten Island, NY (Required)
- Morning (Required)
- Mid-Day (Required)
- Monday (Required)
- Tuesday (Required)
- Wednesday (Required)
- Thursday (Required)
- Friday (Required)
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Innovative — innovative and risk-taking
- Aggressive — competitive and growth-oriented
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Stable — traditional, stable, strong processes