Full Stack Software Engineer (Active Secret Clearance)
In this role, you will support the Joint Artificial Intelligence Center (JAIC) which is the Department of Defense’s (DoD) Artificial Intelligence (AI) Center of Excellence that provides a critical mass of expertise to help the Department harness the game-changing power of AI. To help operationally prepare the Department for AI, the JAIC integrates technology development, with the requisite policies, knowledge, processes and relationships to ensure long term success and scalability.
How you will make a difference:
- Designs and develops software requirements for multiple Artificial Intelligence based products including the software architectures, APIs, frameworks, and libraries.
- Develops front end and backend of software prototypes, components, and tooling that can be leveraged to speed prototyping process.
- Maintains and guides the development of common libraries and tools used by multiple teams.
- Aids in formulating a strategy on how to achieve rapid prototyping of AI capabilities.
- Works with data scientists, UX designers, cognitive scientists, developers, and testers to compose cohesive and sound software designs that form the basis of scalable AI solutions.
- Documents requirements and specifications and reviews documentation provided by other teams and vendors.
- Optimizes software designs and architectures to deliver desired performance targets and devises tooling and methodologies to profile execution and capture performance metrics.
- Stays informed on latest AI system and software architectures and trends from design patterns to DevSecOps and systems architecture patterns.
- Works closely with clients and requirements owners to build out product lines.
- Develops plans, road maps, software design strategies.
- Analyze and decomposes activities and requirements to software designs that are allocated across systems components/sub-components.
- Captures, develops, and reports reference architectures and documenting compliance standards.
Qualifications: Required & Desired Skills and Clearance:
- Bachelors degree in a highly quantitative field (Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics, Mathematics, etc.) or equivalent professional or military experience
- 5+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 4+ years of experience with web application, service, or back end development
- 3+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Experience with front end frameworks like React or Vue.
- Experience with backend runtimes and frameworks like Node.js, Spring, Spring Boot, Django, Flask, etc.
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies and tools.
- Well versed in modern software architectures like micro-services as well as front-end frameworks.
- DevSecOps experience a big plus.
- Strong communications skills; you will be required to proactively engage fellow JAIC members both inside and outside of your team
- Ability to synthesize requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and facilitate engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines
- Must have an Active Secret Clearance
Inventium.io LLC is a technical consulting and software development services company dedicated to protecting and advancing our national defense and scientific capabilities. Based out of the Washington DC area, we rely on innovation to continually advance our employees’ skills and provide digital transformation solutions to our customers.
With proven records of successfully delivering quality services and solutions to multiple federal agencies, our technical competencies include Emerging Technology Solutions, DevSecOps, Cloud Migration, Machine Learning, System Modernization, and Technology Management.
Benefits and Perks
- Employer paid Health Benefits (Medical, Dental and Vision)
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off and Federal Holidays
- Training and Development
- Employee Referral Program
- Awards and Recognition