Front Office Scheduler/Receptionist Responsibilities:
New Horizon Therapy is looking for a full-time front office/receptionist who is patient focused, customer service oriented, and enjoys working with kids. Applicants must have strong communication skills, be reliable, good multi-tasking ability, self-motivated, trustworthy and enjoy being part of a team. Applicants with a customer service and/or call center background are encouraged to apply. Healthcare experience is a plus, but not required. Job duties include, but not limited to:
- Scheduling of patients speech and/or occupational therapy appointments
- Answer incoming calls
- Managing referrals and getting them scheduled
- Managing patient intake paperwork and communicating with referral source
- Creating patient files, scheduling patients, answering phones, faxing, filing
- Taking copayments
- Attention to detail as it pertains to incoming patient names and date of birth when necessary
- Some knowledge of speech and occupational therapy
- Keeping the office stocked and organized as needed
- Insurance verification, contacting families to overview coverage of services
- Other general office duties as assigned by the clinic’s needs
· Professional and pleasant attitude.
· Ability to solve problems, prioritize and multi-task in a deadline driven environment.
· Ability to make independent decisions regarding matters of significance.
· Work with little to no supervision.
· Able to work in a team environment and interact positively with team members.
· Goal oriented, with excellent time management and organizational skills.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to interact effectively and work efficiently with people at all levels in an organization.
· Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
· Ability to keep sensitive information confidential.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $13.00 – $15.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Computer Skills: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
- Stocking supplies
- Sorting and sending mail
- Answering and routing phone calls
- Greeting visitors
- Processing payments
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative — prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place