Front Desk Associates are responsible for providing exceptional service to members, guests, visitors and staff at the front desk, both in-person and over the phone. Front Desk Associates are expected to surpass all expectations under the management of the Front Desk Supervisor and with support of the Front Desk Team. Most importantly, Front Desk Associates will build rapport with all members, visitors and guests to create a welcoming environment.
- Deliver the ultimate fitness experience to every member, every time
- Provide the highest level of customer service to all members, guests and visitors upon arrival
- Professionally greet and check in members, guests, and visitors upon arrival and thank them as they leave
- Actively recruit and retain members
- Answer questions, solve problems, and refer comments and concerns appropriately
- Answer phones, field questions, and route calls in keeping with Front Desk standards
- Perform cash, check, and credit card transactions accurately
- Schedule courts and program services for members
- Maintain a clean and organized front desk and lobby area
- Use online computer software for member check-ins, updating member accounts as needed
- Attend all scheduled meetings and trainings
- Understand and follow employee standards of conduct and ethics
- Understand and uphold club building, facilities, service, program, and emergency procedures
- Assume other duties as assigned
- Work morning, evening, and weekend shifts as necessary
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and nonverbal communication skills
- Excellent listening skills
- Strong work ethic that includes punctuality, organization, and attention to detail
- Ability to maintain a friendly, enthusiastic, and positive attitude
- Outwardly facing professional appearance to include a smile, uniform, and name tag
- Confidence and desire to create new relationships quickly
- Ability to quickly acquire and apply new knowledge and skills
- Ability to multitask and work well under pressure
- Basic computer skills (MS Office, email, MS Windows)
- Familiarity with basic cash-handling procedures
Required Experience, Education & Certifications:
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Six months experience in a health club, customer service, or retail role preferred
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications preferred
Physical Activities, Physical Requirements, Visual Acuity, & Working Conditions:
Physical demands listed here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward.
- Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
- Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires substantial use of upper extremities and back muscles.
- Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand as in handling.
- Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
- Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes.
- The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work).
All US Fitness team members receive:
- Complimentary Membership and Guest Privileges
- Discounts on Personal Training, Mind&Body, Aquatics, and Kids Programs
- Discounts on Serenity Day Spa Services and all apparel
- Employee Referral Bonus
- In-house Continuing Education Credits and CEC Reimbursement
Additional Full Time Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Supplemental Benefits and Group Life Insurance Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off