The front desk agent will represent the hotel throughout all stages of the guests stay by working with all hotel personnel to ensure every guest experiences superior customer care. Responsibilities include registering guests, assigning rooms, accommodating special requests, and ensuring the guests have a wonderful stay and smooth checkout.Job Duties:
- Work well in a team environment and motivates teams to sustain exceptional levels of performance as well as being able to work efficiently on your own.
- Maintains an inventory of vacancies, reservations and room assignments.
- Possesses a working knowledge of the reservations department. Takes same day reservations and future reservation when necessary and knows cancellation procedures.
- Knows room locations, types of rooms available and room rates.
- Registers arriving guests and assigns rooms.
- Uses persuasive selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote other services of the hotel.
- Knows daily activities and meetings taking place in the hotel.
- Reports any unusual occurrences or requests to the manager or assistant manager.
- Manages and resolves all guest complaints in a professional and courteous manner.
- Maintains guest’s privacy.
- Maintains a high level of professional appearance and demeanor.
- Performs other duties requested by supervisor.
- Ability to communicate with public, hotel staff, and management in a professional manner.
- Knowledge of surrounding areas and local events.
- Ability to understand and adhere to proper credit and cash handling policies.
- Ability to learn safety, emergency, and accident prevention policies and procedures.
- Skilled in the use of front office equipment.
- Knowledge of proper phone etiquette.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $10.00 to $12.00 /hour
- Front Desk: 1 year (Preferred)
- hospitality: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Required)