Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is “to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the “benchmark” by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:
Are you looking to work at an exciting, iconic Lake Geneva area resort that has mastered the art of guest service? Then The Abbey Resort is The Lake Geneva Experience you are looking for! We aim to hire individuals who are ready and committed to Be The Difference by creating memorable experiences in the lives of all we serve.
As part of the Benchmark global hospitality and Abbey Resort family you are considered to be a ‘transformational agent’ for our guests and ‘the best of the best’! You will have the opportunity to join an incredibly talented team at an all service resort situated on the beautiful shores of Geneva Lake. Our property mission is to exceed guests’ expectations by genuinely creating lasting memories through our commitment to maintaining positive attitudes, providing outstanding service and superior accommodations.
Every Guest, Every Employee, Every Time!
We offer an array of great benefits for all Abbey employees including on property discounts in the Waterfront Shop, Waterfront and 240 West Restaurants, Café Latte, Avani Spa and Salon, as well as discounted room rates for friends and family. Benchmark also offers all team members discounts on travel, electronics, appliances, cell phones and service, rental cars, dining, movies, sporting events, theme parks and more. Hotel room discounts are available to employees and immediate family members at Benchmark properties. We also offer on the job training, uniforms, recognition programs, free parking, and free employee meals through our Employee Galley. For our full-time employees, we offer competitive and comprehensive medical, dental, life, disability, retirement and 401K benefits.
If you are ready to come Be The Difference – apply now!
Front Desk Agents play an integral role in ensuring that each of our customers have exceptional stay experience. Front Desk Agents are responsible for positive guest interactions while interacting with guests in a friendly and efficient manner. They must also be knowledgeable on providing guest room information, resort information, special events happening at the resort and the area to guests at all times. Front Desk Agents are expected to be attentive to our Guests' needs, making them feel welcomed, comfortable, important and relaxed in a very formal manner.
The right person will be show excellent customer service skills, must be passionate about service and should thoroughly enjoy creating excellent experiences for our customers. The ideal candidate will also have a friendly, outgoing disposition and previous experience in the customer service field.
BASIC FUNCTION: Front Desk Agents are a major part of the "personality" of the Abbey Resort and give help in both the initial and final impressions that the guests have of the Resort.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent experience/training
- Ability to accomplish necessary tasks on a computer.
- Ability to effectively communicate in the English language.
- All room clerk functions, i.e. the friendly and efficient checking in and out of guests.
- All cashier functions to include accurate posting of charges to individuals and groups, and maintenance of cash receipts and hotel banks.
- Reservation functions including entering and updating group files.
- Concierge functions (instructing guest on local entertainment, etc.)
- Adhere to the policies of the Resort as set forth in the Employee Handbook and report any observed violations to Human Resources.
- Maintain the highest level of employee/guest relations.
- Maintain a good working relationship with all Departments.
- Monitoring, selling and posting items from the gift shop when they are closed.
- Enthusiastically collecting guest feedback
- Answering all guest calls that are external or internal at the front desk.
- Working with housekeeping on guest room needs
- Making reservations for guests as walk ins or future reservations.
- Selling gift cards to guests.
- Required to perform other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Scheduled hours may vary on business needs and may or may not include holidays, weekends, various shifts, overtime or reduced hours.
ENVIRONMENT: Well lit, temperature controlled, indoor lobby setting. Standing behind a high desk on hard surface flooring.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer