Provides exceptional customer service and drives sales in the Custom Framing Department.
- Greets every JOANN customer and uses the F.A.S.T. service model to meet the customer’s needs.
- Asks open-ended questions to learn about customers’ project needs and escorts them to the desired product’s location.
- Engages in friendly conversation with customers about their projects while serving them at the cutting counter, cash register, and sales floor”.
- Ensures friendly service is provided to every customer by having a “heads up” approach in the Frame Department.
- Maintains visibility in the Frame Department to assist customers and team members.
- Achieves and maintains appropriate certifications (e.g., cash register, Lock Down Method) as required by policy.
- Processes sales transactions by using proper cash handling procedures.
- Promotes and updates customer mailing list.
- Learns specialty framing software and trains other team members on system.
- Ensures proper receiving and stocking of frames and framing components.
- Ensures protection of all property left by customer to be framed.
- Maintains the standards outlined in the 10 Minutes to a Successful Frame Shop Checklist (JAS-1268-SOP).
- Accurately completes all forms, logs, reports, and other Company documents.
- Uses the correct methods for measuring, cutting, scanning, and ringing Jo-Ann product.
- Drives sales in Framing Department using GUEST assisted selling model.
- Creates impactful merchandise presentations in the Framing department according to Company standards.
- Follows all Company policies and procedures related to framing.
- Develops creative framing ideas and customizes framing orders according to customers’ needs.
- Produces framing orders according to Company productivity standards.
- Learns new framing techniques and suggests additional framing components with each order.
- Prepares Framing department for promotional events by using Event Sales Planner.
- Ensures accurate signage in Framing department.
- Maximizes sales opportunities by having the right framing products in Framing department.
- Maintains housekeeping and organization standards and cleanliness of department.
- Completes daily recovery of Framing department.
- Ensures safety guidelines are followed within department.
- Orders framing supplies.
- Trains team members on merchandising framing products, selling and completing framing orders.
- Coaches to “Best Design Selling” and “Rule of 3” utilization.
SKILLS / COMPETENCIES
- Sales experience
- Strong knowledge of POS system and Windows-based computer applications
- Retail operations familiarity
- Working knowledge of scheduling software and Microsoft Office
- Strong organization skills
- Quality orientation and high attention to detail
- Ability to work with vendors, customers and employees
- Ability to maintain a safe work environment
- Ability to perform problem analysis and problem resolution
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks and projects
- Ability to interact collaboratively with others
- Ability to get work accomplished through others
- Ability to communicate effectively in a group environment
- Ability to work a varied schedule based on business needs
- Push/pull merchandise with appropriate equipment (e.g., carts, tubs, etc) to and from backroom and sales floor.
- Individually lift up to 40 pounds on a frequent basis and lift up to 100 pounds with assistance from another Team Member on occasion.
- Lift, place, and arrange items on shelves and racks.
- Bend down and reach above head.
- Climb and descend ladders.
- Continuously walk around all areas of the store throughout shift.
- Read written instructions, reports, and other information on paper and computer screens.
- Input data on computer keyboard and handheld units.
- May use 2-way headsets (hear incoming messages and provide verbal response).
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Education Minimum: High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Experience Minimum: Basic knowledge of POS system and Windows-based computer application
- Experience Preferred: 1+ years in a customer centric environment
- Part-time status requires availability that meets the needs of the store.
- Part-time Team Members are gener ally scheduled to work less than an average of 30 hours per week in a measurement period, as defined by JOANN and are not guaranteed any particular number of hours per week.
- Open availability is defined as the ability to work any and all hours required without restrictions as to the time of day or day of week, including, but not limited to, days, evenings, weekends, overnight shifts, and holidays.
- Hours are scheduled according to needs of the store and the Team Member’s availability.
- Relocation may be required for career progression.
JOANN is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. This job summary is intended to be brief and does not list all duties for this position. Nothing in this job description should be construed as an express or implied contract of employment. JOANN is an at-will employer, which means that your employment may be terminated by JOANN or yourself with or without notice or cause unless the at-will arrangement is modified by a written agreement signed by both you and and authorized representative of JOANN.