This Foodservice Manager position will be responsible for providing analysis of shipment and other syndicated data and make fact-based recommendations to the Butterball Foodservice, and executive teams. This position is integral to the success of the Foodservice division, identifying sales opportunities and developing fact-based selling stories to increase Butterball overall sales, share, and profit. In addition, this position will be responsible for developing standardized database reports and identifying key trends to support strategic business decisions for the divisions.
Additionally, the Insights Manager is responsible for developing the sales and insights conversion process in regards to methodology and execution, the training of field and marketing teams and managing the foodservice data sources and relationships. This position will work with the Foodservice team to develop presentations and recommendations for next steps from a business standpoint based on research results.
- Act as key contact for Foodservice and all analytics needs.
- Utilize shipment databases and data sources, communicating to Sales, Marketing and Senior Leadership insights, trends and suggested action plans to maximize return and achievement of corporate goals.
- Support the sales organization with the collection of market intelligence, translating it into useful information sales can use to influence the trade to expand Foodservice sales and increase profitability.
- Assist the Sales leadership, Team Leaders, Brokers, and Business Managers in the account planning process by providing insight into past successes and the rationale for change if needed. This includes the integration and activation of primary research and foodservice data/insights.
- Analyze key internal indicators of business health to support brand/category decision making.
- Provide the fact foundation for annual Marketing reviews and AOP process.
- Develop and measure key performance indices (KPIs) for the Foodservice Division.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, market research, statistics, economics, or related field.
- Minimum 3-5 years relevant experience in the foodservice industry, including knowledge of its distribution systems and data/insights sources.
- Experience with foodservice industry data services such as NPD, USF Cookbook, etc., as well as IRI or Nielsen syndicated services preferred. Experience with other retail sources considered.
- The ideal candidate will have demonstrated the following characteristics through past professional and educational experiences:
Strategic and critical thinking. The Insights Manager will have strategic thinking skills such that he/she advocates initiatives that align with corporate growth strategies and Foodservice sales initiatives. He/she must be able to synthesize many separate pieces of information to draw conclusions relevant to achieving the Foodservice plan, making recommendations that drive decisions across the organization.