Ethicon part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, are recruiting for Foil Operators L1. This position is under a Collective Bargaining Agreement in a union environment.
Ethicon, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, has made significant contributions to surgery for more than 60 years from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world’s most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon’s surgical technologies and solutions including sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treat serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. For more information, visit www.ethicon.com.
- Demonstrating mechanical/technical aptitude.
- Provide limited mechanical support for machines to include minor adjustments and troubleshooting.
- Make adjustments, based on information generated by the Vision system, to machine through computer terminal.
- Operates machine and verifies that the machine(s) are running within proper process parameters.
- Corrects minor set-up problems, diagnoses minor mechanical problems and makes mechanical adjustments as necessary; changes suction cups, etc.
- Resolves problems associated with recurring jams and other mechanical problems.
- Raw material handling and the upkeep of associated floor stock and inventory control.
- Ensures departmental practices, work areas, and equipment is kept in a safe and orderly fashion.
- Responsible for processing products through the foil machines as per the process specifications.
- Focusing on ensuring maximum efficiency from machine, ensuring maximum machine utilization, and ensuring minimum departmental non-productive time.
- Daily, weekly, and/or monthly reporting of all department operations.
- Associates are held accountable for production efficiencies, strict compliance with process specifications, and company standards of behavior.
- A minimum of a High School diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent required.
- A minimum of 1 year of related experience in a manufacturing or related environment is required.
- Experience working in a Medical Device manufacturing environment preferred.
- Experience working in a Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) or other regulated environment preferred.
- Must be able to work 12 hour night rotational shift (6:30pm – 6:30am) which will include alternating weekends.
- The ability to work occasional overtime, weekends and some holidays as needed by business is required.
United States-Texas-San Angelo-
Ethicon Inc. (6045)