Essence of Position
To provide a pleasant and efficient floral experience by actively engaging guests, ensuring they receive unparalleled hospitality and professional service.
Shared Expectations for all roles within our company include, but are not limited to the following:
- Creating a welcoming atmosphere for everyone.
- Embracing Yoke’s Core Values and Mission Statement as an integral part of your contribution to our team.
- Promoting Yoke’s sales and company growth by patronizing Yoke’s stores and representing our company in the community with a positive message.
- Participating enthusiastically with genuine care for our shared success, always remembering we are the owners of Yoke’s.
Tasks of Position
The following are core and essential responsibilities of this position. Associates are responsible for completing any and all duties assigned as required for the successful operation of our business. All associates are required to perform their job duties in a manner which upholds the integrity and honesty of our company.
- Reporting for assigned shifts on time, and on a regular basis, prepared to provide excellent service.
- Promoting sales through active discussions with guests, offering product recommendations, and discussing current promotions and service information. (Examples may include: ordering products special requests, assisting guests locate any products throughout the store, offering special deals on large orders when requested, and chatting about Yoke’s signature items, fresh board and sweet deal suggestions, or providing information about products).
- Providing exceptional service by greeting guests, and informing them of special features, product information, and services offered by the Floral Department.
- Understanding and capable of the following: cultivating and caring for ornamental plants, building and installing floral displays in outdoor and indoor settings, fertilizing, watering, weeding, transplanting, thinning plants, maintaining hand tools and other equipment, filling helium balloons, wrapping items, and using “This One’s On Us” cards to “Make Our Guests Crazy About Us!”
- Operating (at minimum) the following equipment in a correct and safe manner: com-line, telephone, baler, trash compactor, box cutter, helium dispenser, pallet jack, scissors, stem cutter, and watering canister.
- Mentoring new associates or associates who are new to the department or task and assuring a positive learning environment.
- Participating actively in the Floral Department’s accident reduction plan including: monitoring displays for trip hazards or instability, observing safe lifting techniques, and recognizing safety features of all machinery, store evacuation plan, and robbery policy.
This job has no formal supervisory responsibilities. However, every Yoke’s associate has a shared opportunity to be a leader on the job. The following quote exemplifies our belief in leadership for all associates:
“Whether you are the president of a company or the janitor, the moment you step from independence into interdependence in any capacity, you step into a leadership role. You are in a position of influencing other people.” – Stephen Covey
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty sufficiently.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or GED; or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Floral background is preferred.
- Reads and comprehends simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Writes simple correspondence. Communicates effectively and pleasantly with guests, vendors and fellow associates at all times.
- Performs mathematical skills using units of American money and weight measurement, volume.
- Applies common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form. Manages problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Meets the state minimum requirement to work with equipment (baler, trash compactor).
Certificates, licenses, Registrations, Training
- Late Night Retail Safety Training
- Valid Driver's License or State I.D. Card
- HIPAA Training
- Yoke’s Safety Orientation Training
- Yoke’s Guest Service Training & Commitment
- Product Solutions – Fresh Perishables
- Floral Skills Training levels One, Two, and Three
Physical Demands & Safety Expectations
Most positions within Yoke’s require physical effort to varying degrees. As such, associates are expected to be mindful of practicing Yoke’s safety standards at all times. This may include using personal protective equipment when and where required, understanding ergonomic safety, chemical hazards, safe lifting techniques, lockout/tag out procedures, and emergency protocol. All associates are required to report accidents within 24 hours.
No associate may pose a direct threat to the health and safety of self or others by willfully engaging in unsafe behaviors.
The physical demands listed below are representative of those that must be met by you to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, you are regularly required to stand for prolonged periods of time, walk, use hands, fingers, handle, feel, reach with hands and arms, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, taste, smell, talk, and hear.
Associate must continuously lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those you may encounter while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the associate is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, educational factors, and the requirements and conditions listed in this job description are representative only and not exhaustive of the tasks that an associate may be required to perform. The Employer reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and to require associates to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business, competitive considerations, or the work environment change.
Brand: Yoke's Fresh Market
Address: Tri-Cities Area Tri-Cities Area, WA – 99302
Property Description: 101-Tri-Cities Area
Property Number: 101