Children’s Hospital of New Orleans, a leader in Pediatric care throughout the Southeast region, is currently seeking a dynamic RN Navigator for Children's Hospital Pediatric Specialty Clinic (Metairie location). The mission of making care available to all children has allowed Children’s to grow as an organization.
Children's Hospital is a not-for-profit medical center offering the most advanced pediatric care for children from birth to 21 years. With over 40 pediatric specialties and more than 400 physicians, it is the only full-service hospital exclusively for children in Louisiana and the Gulf South. We invite you to experience the magic of Children's Hospital.
The RN Navigator functions as advocate, educator and counselor for pediatric patients in the ambulatory setting. He / she is responsible for ensuring all patients receive quality and comprehensive services and coordinates care throughout the continuum in collaboration with a multidisciplinary team. He / She will serve as a clinical resource with expertise in their respective department(s) as well as liaison throughout the facility and in the community regarding services provided for their unique patient population. Providing expert nursing care, the RN Navigator participates in direct clinical practice, consultation, and education.
CARE COORDINATION AND COMTINUITY
1) Coordinates communication relating to the medical treatment plan with patients / family / providers / clinical staff.
2) Coordinates communication relating to the medical treatment plan to ancillary departments and agencies, as needed.
3) Assists patients and their families in the understanding of the diagnosis, treatment options, and available resources.
4) Assures accurate documentation of medical information in the treatment plan.
5) Serves as liaison between patient and other care providers.
6) Facilitates appointments within service standards to ancillary departments and supportive care services.
7) Follow patients throughout the health care continuum, including inpatient admission, and collaborate with inpatient care management resources.
8) Communicates with health care team as appropriate, regarding patient / family needs and/or concerns.
9) Collect data, track outcomes, and support strategic planning processes.
1) Demonstrates knowledge, skill, and coordination to provide nursing care and guidance to the pediatrics patient.
2) Systematically and continually perform the functions of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of care according the current nursing standards and process.
3) Assists patients and their families as the navigate the health care system by helping them find solution to treatment-related problems.
4) Functions in an organized and time conscious manner, providing well-coordinated, timely, compassionate, exemplary, and inter-disciplinary care.
1) Provides education and information to the patient and their family, to make care seamless, continuous, and comprehensive.
2) Initiates and documents patient teaching, including the family and support system, based on assessment of needs.
3) Uses the appropriate patient education documentation modality regarding the disease process, expected side effects of treatment and community resources.
4) Supports the patient and family during difficult decision making periods.
5) Serves as a resource for community educational events such as health fairs, screenings, symposium, and lectures as well as staff education.
Graduate with a Bachelor’s Degree from accredited school of nursing required. RN with Associate's Degree will be considered but must obtain BSN within 3 years of hire.
Currently licensed to practice in Louisiana with State Board of Nursing – Registered Nurse license required; American Heart Association BLS certification required.
Pediatric/Nursing certification preferred.
Minimum 3 years nursing experience required. Pediatric Navigation experience preferred.
As a member of our team, you will not only experience personal reward, you will also find tangible benefits for you and your family. For more information please go to www.chnola.org.
Children's Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Location: LCMC Health · Tulane Specialty Clinic 401
Schedule: Flex (PRN), Days, 8-430