"While the world is cautioned to stay home in response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, BAYADA's mission to safely keep people there has never been more important. Without home care, our clients risk infection and hospitalization—at hospitals with already-strained resources.
With the protection of our clients and caregivers as our highest priority, we have mobilized a swift, efficient, and comprehensive response so that we can stay on the front lines, giving care—safely. If you're the type of person who rises to the occasion and wants to make a difference in the lives of others, we want to meet you (virtually, even)! We can work through this crisis—together."
- Lead scheduled group exercise classes for the residents of Senior Living Communities, preferably one that can teach flexibility, cardio, strength/power, balancing and standing exercises.
- Develop fitness classes which are designed to develop and promote positive fitness levels for a senior population.
Qualifications for a Fitness Specialist include:
- Certification as a Fitness Instructor, or equivalent, through an accredited national exercise/fitness organization such as ACSM, NSCA, ACE, IDEA or SFA.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Exercise Science, Kinesiology or related field.
- A minimum of one year of experience as a Fitness Specialist, preferably in a senior services setting.
- Solid computer skills; prior experience with electronic medical records (EMR) preferred.
Founded in 1975 by J. Mark Baiada, BAYADA Home Health Care provides nursing, rehabilitative, therapeutic, hospice, and assistive care services to children, adults, and seniors in the comfort of their homes. BAYADA employs more than 26,000 nurses, home health aides, therapists, medical social workers, and other home health care professionals who serve their communities in 22 states from more than 345 offices, with locations in Germany, India, Ireland, New Zealand, South Korea, Canada, and the UK.
In 2019, Baiada oversaw the company's unprecedented transition to a not-for-profit organization to ensure BAYADA's mission, purpose, and business model would endure, and to help BAYADA realize its vision of helping millions of people worldwide experience a better quality of life at home.
BAYADA Home Health Care, Inc., and its associated entities and joint venture partners, are Equal Opportunity Employers and qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, religion, gender and gender identity, nationality and origin, disability, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, and experiences.