- Preparing project estimates using the Estimating Checklist and as appropriate, working with the District Manager, District Design Manager, Field Superintendent, and Purchasing Manager.
- Negotiates with customers over scope, price, installation schedule, and change orders. If project is awarded, responsible for preparing the Project Data Sheet and providing to District Design Manager at the kick-off meeting.
- Responsible for ongoing project management of projects sold and working with the Design Manager and Field Superintendent to ensure that the job is managed to a profitable conclusion.
- Meeting annual sales goals agreed to with District Manager.
- Calling on and entertaining prospects and customers.
- Representing FLSA at industry meetings such as AGC and ABC.
- Staying abreast of market opportunities through sales calls, CMD, Dodge Reports and other market related information.
- At regular intervals, but at least once a year, work directly with the District Manager to assess customer relationship profitability.
- As required or necessary, visit FLSA project sites.
- Expected to meet or exceed annual quota assigned during the budgeting process.
Experience and Education
Strong working knowledge of design, including design and field survey techniques, calculation methods, and stock listing.
Strong working knowledge of fire sprinkler codes. NICET education preferred. Equivalent experience will be considered assuming individual pursues NICET education.
High School diploma, two –year degree, BA, BS, or engineering degree or experience or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Fire & Life Safety America (FLSA) is the premier fire protection provider with offices in VA, MD, DC, NC, SC, AL, TN, FL, GA, OK, TX. FLSA encourages initiative, independence, diversity and personal career growth with sensitivity towards quality of life. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including competitive salary, medical and dental coverage, vacation, life insurance, short and long term disability insurance, flexible spending plan, 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan.
FLSA participates in EVerify & promotes a drug-free workplace. FLSA is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.