Planate Management Group is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) headquartered in Alexandria, Virginia, USA with a technical support center in the Philippines that provides program management and facilities engineering services worldwide. Planate is a small business provider of planning, design, infrastructure management, technical consulting, engineering, and construction management services in support of the US Department of Defense (DOD) and its Service (Army, Air Force, Navy, Marine Corps) missions, along with other US federal agencies.
The Fire Protection Engineer will be responsible for providing analysis, recommendations and supervising all the fire protection engineering requirements activities including project development and quality control.
The work assignment will be in Orlando, Florida.
- Support the Client and Government for fire protection issues on existing and new projects for construction, renovations, and improvements of real property facilities and infrastructure utilizing of professional knowledge of fire protection engineering
- Design prepare detailed design drawings, project specifications, cost estimates, construction schedules and other requirements needed in the proper implementation of projects
- Develop and/or review specifications and schedules
- Coordinate projects with engineers in other disciplines, operations personnel, and other entities to include Safety, Force Protection, Security Forces, Communications, Fire Department, and Medical Group to ensure safety, constructability, operability, maintainability, and all project considerations have been addressed
- Maintain current engineering data for assigned projects
- Develop reports, letters, and memos (as necessary) with the assistance of other engineers
- Continually expand and improve technical and business skills set under own initiative with instruction, guidance, and direction from others
- Perform other related duties as required.
Qualification to be successful in the role:
- Degree in mechanical or fire protection engineering from an accredited university/college in the United States
- Professional Fire Protection Engineer is preferred
- Minimum ten (10) years of related engineering experience (combination of design, field/site, inspection and testing, product review and approval)
- Able to deliver complete design package which includes design drawings, technical specifications, cost estimates, schedule of works and other related documents
- With experience in medical facilities
- Proficient in English both written and verbal
- Must be US Citizen
- Secret Clearance preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.