Sabah International, a Division of Sciens Building Solutions, seeks a Fire Alarm System Apprentice. This person will be required to enroll and participate in the WBFAA UATC Apprenticeship Program. The company will sponsor the three-year program, as long as the Apprentice meets or exceeds the program requirements. This program is comprised of six semesters of Related Supplemental Instruction (RSI) through Chabot College and 6,000 hours of on-the-job training to be performed with a member of our company. As an apprentice in the WBFAA UATC you will be registered with The State of California Department of Industrial Relations and the U.S. Department of Labor. Sabah International is open to considering and entry/associate level Apprentice and providing an opportunity to gain on-the-job training. This is a great growth and development opportunity with an opportunity for upward mobility for the right candidate.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To assist with the installation, check-out and pre-tests of all Fire/Life Safety systems.
- Learn to read construction drawings and specifications.
- Learn to terminate and start up control panels.
- Learn to terminate field devices.
- Learn to service suppression tanks, recondition containers, repair pumps, and other related maintenance and preparation.
- Maintain all company tools assigned to you.
- Participate in and support planning and coordination of system installation, integration, start-up and commissioning.
- Learn to conduct functional testing prior to and with end user or third-party (consultant) to specified testing requirements.
- Communicate problems and issues to Lead Fire Alarm Technician or Project Management.
- Follow instructions, notify others of issues, and/or solutions.
- Learn to anticipate, identify, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware and software problems on all systems.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of OSHA safety standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum age of all applicants shall be 18 years.
- High school or equivalent required.
- Must have and maintain a clean driving record.
- Must be in good physical condition, able to walk up and down stairs and able to carry objects up to 50 pounds short distances.
- Must meet or exceed all WBFAA UATC Apprenticeship Program requirements.
- Electrical system knowledge and experience.
- Mechanical system knowledge and experience.
- Ability to read and use an electrical multi-meter.
- Experience in the commercial/industrial construction industry.
Job Type: Full-time