We are looking for an experienced fine dining server who will have the patience, personality, and perseverance to thrive in this role.
Server responsibilities include greeting and serving customers, providing detailed information on menus, multi-tasking various front-of-the-house duties and collecting the bill. If you are able to perform well in fine dining environments, we’d like to meet you. To be a successful server, you should be polite with our customers and make sure they enjoy their meals. You should also be a team player and be able to effectively communicate with our kitchen staff to make sure orders are accurate and delivered promptly.
Keep in mind that server duties may require working in shifts and/or occasionally during weekends and holidays.
Ultimately, it is the duty of our servers to provide an excellent overall dining experience for our guest.
- Greet and escort customers to their tables
- Present menu and provide detailed information when asked (e.g. about portions, ingredients or potential food allergies)
- Prepare tables by setting up linens, silverware and plates
- Inform customers about the day’s specials
- Offer menu recommendations upon request
- Take accurate food and drink orders, using a POS software or order slips
- Check customers’ IDs to ensure they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages
- Communicate order details to the kitchen staff
- Serve food and drink orders
- Arrange table settings and maintain a tidy dining area
- Deliver checks and collect bill payments
- Carry dirty plates, glasses and silverware to kitchen for cleaning
- Provide excellent customer service to guests.
- Proven work experience as a fine dining server
- Hands-on experience with ordering information system (e.g. Evalon POS)
- Basic math skills
- Attentiveness and patience for customers
- Excellent presentation skills
- STRONG organizational and multitasking skills, with the ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Active listening and effective communication skills
- High school diploma; food safety certification
Job Type: Part-time
- Fine Dining: 2 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)