Looking for a fast, easy and mobile-friendly application? Text BELLCO to 44844 for all frontline non-management Branch positions! If you have time now to complete the application in full, go ahead and click Apply Now below.
A financial product and financial service sales specialist; opens new accounts, analyzes credit bureau reports; interviews members in person or by telephone to identify financial needs and sales opportunities; initiates computer-based credit applications; analyzes credit scores and makes routine business decisions; sells financial products and services to members; and answers member inquiries about Bellco products and financial services.
Reports to: Branch Manager
Contacts: Credit union members, other credit union departments, credit union officials and appropriate external financial service providers.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
Experience: 2 years sales and 3 years customer service is required and/or demonstrated sales ability in the Bellco environment.
Skills: Bi-lingual (Spanish) strongly preferred.
Ability to interact with others in a positive manner, both in person or by phone.
Ability to accurately and efficiently enter data and update member financial records via computer terminal.
Strong communication skills, both oral and written
Demonstrated ability and willingness to identify needs and sell appropriate products.
Equipment: On-line computer terminal keyboard and visual monitor, calculator, copy machine, fax machine, telephone, computer printer, ATM, check signer, checkfilmer and security alarms.
1. Demonstrate Bellco WOW philosophy in all interactions with members, prospective members and personnel in other Bellco departments.
2. Communicate with members in a positive manner both in person and/or by telephone.
3. Deepens member relationships by cross-selling products and services.
4. Contribute to corporate and branch goals and support current business priorities.
5. Understand and communicate key features and benefits of all Bellco products and services including the various type of loan and deposit products.
6. Communicates key mortgage product features including LTV, discount points and rate bumps, escrows, mortgage insurance, etc.
7. Demonstrate remote access financial service devices including BellcOnline, TELLERphone and automated teller machines.
8. Open new accounts by following the approved new account opening procedure; initiate a credit application; identify financial product and service needs; follow current underwriting guidelines and use credit scoring or traditional underwriting credit applications; refer members to appropriate Bellco personnel for advanced product and service needs.
9. Analyze credit bureau reports to accurately identify member financial needs and sales opportunities.
10. Accurately enter and complete transactions including loan applications in Bellco systems.
11. Adhere to current underwriting guidelines and loan closing procedures; accurately complete loan-closing documents; disburse loans as required.
12. Access member accounts to accurately perform all branch financial service transactions.
13. Understands and effectively implements all appropriate regulations.
14. May also be called upon to accurately perform any branch duties.
15. Regular and punctual in person attendance.
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
In order to meet the financial service needs of our members, job function may necessitate changes in hours or location.
Standing to greet members for several hours a day.
“Bellco Credit Union is the one organization passionately committed to improving our members’ quality of life by building their wealth and securing their financial future”