Cortland* Part of Alter Domus Group is currently seeking a new Financial Control Manager to join our Fund Administration team at our Chicago, IL or Indianapolis, IN, office.
- Full ownership of accounting and review process on assigned deals to ensure best practice workflows are followed for preparation and review while ensuring all client accounting issues are addressed
- Work alongside other Fund Administration teams in Accounting, Valuation and reporting, along with teams in Technology, Implementation and Senior Management to streamline reviews and enhance policies and procedures
- Work with clients as a Subject Matter Expert resource for policies, procedures and controls
- Actively work with leadership to help establish best practices. Adapt controls and processes based on results and
efficiency. Engage with the Accounting Policy Group during the deal implementation phase
- Able to use system knowledge to identify alternative approaches to ensure accuracy and consistency in generation of quality deliverables
- Evaluate team training milestones to ensure team is adequately trained and give appropriate feedback on competency gaps.
fill gaps with relevant updates based on market feedback and updated requirements
- Aid in the subject matter, and delivery of training materials
- Ensure all assigned deals have appropriate coverage and proactively delegate responsibilities across team members
- Identify and stay current with market trends, standards and possible regulatory issues
- Champion the Cortland brand internally and externally while consistently working to achieve exceptional value and ensuring the core values are instilled across the team
- Build internal and external relationships with responsive, confident communications and strong attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or other business with relevant work experience preferred
- Candidates should have 6+ years of accounting experience – preferably in the financial services industry
- Strong technical and accounting system knowledge. Microsoft Office suite skills – notably strong Excel skillset
- Private Equity, Credit, or Real Estate fund administration experience a plus.
- Experience evaluating and maintaining best practices and process improvements
- Proactive, client service approach with strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to collaborate with internal and external parties to meet deadlines and resolve issues
- Outstanding organization, prioritization, and strong attention to detail
- Proactive interest in learning, inquiry, and mastering of new concepts, such as investment strategies, new accounting standards, and new service offerings is required
- CPA or CPA eligibility a plus
Independent and possessing more than fifteen years’ experience in its field, Alter Domus has become a leader in corporate and management services for private equity & infrastructure and real estate funds as well as listed and unlisted companies. Our staff of over 2,000 people also provides fund administration and financial reporting services. We mentor and develop our employees’ technical knowledge and practical skills. We also champion commitment and a customer-oriented mindset.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Cortland* Part of Alter Domus Group offers a competitive, comprehensive benefits package including a generous vacation policy, a diverse work environment, and strong global connections. As you collaborate with colleagues in our fast-paced environment, you will gain exposure to demanding and stimulating experiences that you will take with you as your career progresses. We provide a sophisticated work environment with prominent clients that will take your ambitions and talents to the next level and give you the resources and support you need to succeed.
For more information, please visit: www.cortlandglobal.com and www.alterdomus.com.
Cortland* Part of Alter Domus Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.